With regards to posting photos...

Started by Aiala, October 29, 2014, 08:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

... I have a (probably dumb) question, as follows: I cannot figure out how to post captions between posted pics; I can post any number of photos just fine, but when I try to write any descriptions, they all show up at the bottom beneath the last photo.

I know the solution must be easy and obvious, which makes me feel like a ninny, so could one of you fine gents please clue me in? I'll be forever grateful!   :-[

Many thanks,
~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Aiala,
Put your cursor right in front of your picture line. Hit the spacebar and it will move it down a line so you can put some words in there.
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 29, 2014, 10:00:41 PM
Mr. Shark, I apologize for being so dense, but I don't know what you mean by "picture line". ~A~

The "picture line" (ulr) is what you post (cut and paste) from Photobucket and will have things like [, ulr, ] and image in it.  You can either put space between your "photos/Photo line" when pasting them so you can put the captions in or you can put the curser at the front of the ulr and hit "enter" to make the space for your text.

foakes

Hi Aiala --

Sounds like you are not using photo bucket?

I just have this site and the photobucket site open at the same time -- then toggle back and forth to get one pic at a time from PB.

I copy the IMG line from PB -- then go back to this site, post some commentary about the pic -- then paste it right under the commentary -- go back to PB, get another pic, and just repeat the process.

Kind of clunky, but I have not had good luck using the additional option feature to post pics.  Plus PB is free and automatically resizes my photos.

Maybe someone on here has a better solution for both of us.

Anyway, this works for now.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

I do it the same way Fred. I didn't realize she was not. Sorry Aiala, The bucket way is all I know. ::)
Life is Good!

foakes

Mike (bluefish99) needs us to teach him how to load pics onto this site -- he has photobucket, a camera, a cellphone (and hopefully a computer, laptop, or tablet to load pics onto).

Is there an easy method for one of us to help him, that he would be able to understand easily?

Not that he would not understand -- we just need to find out what type of equipment he has.

I'm thinking there may be other folks on this board -- with the same issues.

We would get more sharing and posting of pics -- if we could address this and walk a few folks through the process.

We all need to move into the 21st century.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

Thanks Buddy I sent you a PM so I don't get my b____ broke
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Aiala

I registered with Photobucket and uploaded a few photos from my computer... it was easy! So now I'll give your system a try and see how it works out... <fingers crossed>

Fred and Mr. Shark, thank you so much, you guys rock!  :D

~A~

Dominick

Aiala:  You can do this like a pro.  Look at the photo in photobucket and decide what you want to write about it.  Copy the image code and change to the text box in the AT site.  Type what you want to say, hit the enter button then paste the image code in the text box.  The code will appear and you can do it over and over again.  You can also hit the preview button at the bottom of the text box to see if you are satisfied with the post.  Good luck.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

For users who have Firefox as their web browser - Some people are having problems with the latest version of Firefox. Pressing the Preview button when posting does not work for everyone. Apparently Mozilla (writers of Firefox) are aware of this Preview issue but are doing nothing to solve it. The answer is simple - hold the control key (Ctrl) and press Preview.
Older versions of Firefox are ok as is Internet Explorer ???

jonnou

I use the method as described but often use Notepad or ms word then cut and paste  the finished product in, to prevent losing a long post through a mistake or server crash. I am also thinking of trying dropbox
we all like the Phots :D :D