Newell P 521

Started by eguinn, October 29, 2014, 10:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eguinn

Hello again. I have some eye candy for everyone  to look at. Its a Newell P 521 which is 2.00" wide. Currently Tib does not make any of these frames for the 533's.  It's Custom built by a good friend who has built a lot of these reels. He will build these on a Special order basis, if you want 1 you will need to supply the donor reel for him to make it from. My reel was built from a P series 533 4.6, it has a few special parts  put on it that I had him put on, I'm using a modified Penn 505 star cause I don't like the Newell star, it digs into my knuckle, the other thing is I used A Tib handle on this reel, it also has hotrodded drags in it. It also has all aluminum bars & base, & spool on it. Enjoy

Tunacious

Yup...he's a great guy! He used to use a great machinist to cut down alum handles, posts and spools. Don't know if he still uses him or someone else. He and I used to trade parts. In fact, I gave him a few sets of the ss clicker sets earlier this year so he could make some 521's for folks like yourself. You may have one of my former clicker sets in your reel... ;D

eguinn

He's using a different machinist now, the guy who was doing the machining for him when he 1st started to build these reels passed away. In fact he has been learning to do a little of it himself.He & I talk about once a week & sometimes he has questions like how do I machine this, I'll give him a few suggestions since I've been doing precision machining on a lot of small delicate parts that are 1,2 or 5 piece lots.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono