Black Side 6/0 Senator

Started by theswimmer, October 30, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Does anyone know which # Carbontex drag washers I need for this reel?
And a source as Dawn says she doesn't have anything that will fit......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

fIsHsTiiCkS

Im not sure of the measurements but Mystic Reel Parts carries the HT-100 Carbon fiber drags for the 6/0

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

theswimmer

Thanks , I saw that but I really like the carbontex.

I hope someone knows because I am about 60 miles away from the reel at present.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

I have the number at home.  It's not as thick as the HT-100s though so you may need to add an additional metal washer or two.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

with the black 6/0 penn senator 114, you can fit five of the #6-114 carbon fiber ht-100 drag washer inside the main gear and one underneath.  this combination will deliver all the drag pressure you need.  no need for anything else.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

My thinking Exactly!
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114SP.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Oh I don't have a number.  My bag says 114 0.76 mm thick.   Sorry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

Thanks for the help guys.
Got an order coming from Scotts.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Quote from: alantani on October 31, 2014, 01:16:42 AM
with the black 6/0 penn senator 114, you can fit five of the #6-114 carbon fiber ht-100 drag washer inside the main gear and one underneath.  this combination will deliver all the drag pressure you need.  no need for anything else.

Good Morning Alan,
This is what I have coming from Scotts.
6-114SP Kit, Drag Washer Kit HT-100® with Metals (10 pcs) (114)

4-114 Washer, Hard Fiber Spacer Washer (Under Main Gear) (114)
Correct yes?

By the way, I polished the wrench 8)
Thanks again......

JT

Errol Flynn

alantani

actually, no.  i put a regular carbon fiber washer under the main gear, a #6-114.  i have one in the mail box being sent to you.  it will go out with tomorrow's mail.

theswimmer

Quote from: alantani on October 31, 2014, 10:27:37 PM
actually, no.  i put a regular carbon fiber washer under the main gear, a #6-114.  i have one in the mail box being sent to you.  it will go out with tomorrow's mail.
Thanks again Alan.
I hope you put a note with what I owe you in the envelope ;D
Miss Mari and I are off to go skiing for a couple of hours.......
Best,
JT

Errol Flynn

alantani

no charge.  buy me a beer someday!

theswimmer

Adult beverage of your choice it is.
I do think you  have some sort of Wierd Fresno connection going on.
It takes me 4 days min to get mail from the Bay and I had the washer at about 10 am on my desk? WTH?
Thanks again.
Best,
JT

Errol Flynn

Shark Hunter

Alan Don't Play. ;)
I live 3500 miles away and I usually have my parts in two days. ;D
Life is Good!