penn gears for a newell?

Started by speedwagon2, November 09, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedwagon2

Hi folks,
   Are there any 4 to 1 penn steel gear sets that be used in a 200, 300, or 400 series newell?  And if so what kinds of modifications does have to do.  The lower ratio newell gear sets are hard to find.   Thank you all for any info you can provide.
Dave Babcock(aka Speedwagon2)

maxpowers

i installed some steel 4:1 gears in my p338 but ended up going back to the 5:1.  The 4:1 just felt really sluggish at time.

Newell Nut

The 3.6 gears will be here soon from Black Pearl for the Newell 200 300 and 400. Made from 416SS.

maxpowers

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 10, 2014, 12:38:22 PM
The 3.6 gears will be here soon from Black Pearl for the Newell 200 300 and 400. Made from 416SS.

they are all sold out as soon as alan made the announcement.  i would have love to have gotten a set.

Newell Nut

I can spare a couple of mine so just pm me when you see the news that they are here.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Newell Nut on November 10, 2014, 06:27:17 PM
I can spare a couple of mine so just pm me when you see the news that they are here.

Newell Nut,

You can let me know who you want to spare your sets to, and you can send me their PayPal email address. Is it ok with you?

maxpowers

I would like a set if Newell Nut is OK with it. 

Alan, you have my Paypal email address.

Thanks,

Black Pearl

Latest update:

Finally, ther 3.6:1 SS gear sets are on their way to FL. They should be here next week.

Thanks,
--Alan