Tiburon Frame for Newell P533

Started by Great Bass 2, November 11, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Bass 2

I am planning to install a Tiburon frame on my Newell P533. On the Tiburon website they have a N440/553 frame and a narrow topless 533 conversion frame and spool. Will the N440/533 fit on my P533?

Thanks Scott
Penn - Newell - Avet
Calstar - Seeker - Phenix

alantani

put a call into tiburon at 866-250-7383.  bob or richard should be able to tell you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tunacious

Scott:

Contact Gregg Chow at his ebay store. If you want the standard width 533 like yours, get the N533/440. If you want the narrow kit, get the N533/440NK. The "NK" stands for narrow kit.

See below links. PM me with any questions. Gregg is great to deal with...good communication and fast delivery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Purple-Tiburon-N533-Topless-Reel-Frame-Newell-533-440-Brand-NEW-RARE-Valley-MFG-/201205509135

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobalt-Blue-Tiburon-Newell-N533NK-533-440-447-Narrow-Kit-Wahoo-Special-NEW-/121473433187

Newell Nut

The 533 and 440 are the same size and yes it will fit nicely. I have installed several of them.

Great Bass 2

Thanks guys. One last question, do you use the inner rings in the conversion or does the tib frame replace the inner rings? Tx
Penn - Newell - Avet
Calstar - Seeker - Phenix

SteveA

You have to use the Newell inner rings with the Tiburon frame kit. The kit I got come with phillips head screws. Easy to install. Just be sure to put grease on the frame where it meets the inner rings and also on the screws.

Newell Nut

Bryan Young

Quote from: SteveA on November 12, 2014, 07:51:26 AM
You have to use the Newell inner rings with the Tiburon frame kit. The kit I got come with phillips head screws. Easy to install. Just be sure to put grease on the frame where it meets the inner rings and also on the screws.

I use quite a bit of grease between the rings and frame so the grease is kind of like a gasket.  Then on the inner frame, I take q-tips and wipe the grease away.  I've seen many frames where corrosion begins between the rings and the frame.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D