Pflueger Capital No. 1988

Started by Reel 224, November 15, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Thank you.  I was asking for the area where the handle arm is joined to the reel.  The handle arm is secured to the reel through a square opening.  I need the size of the square opening.  Thank you
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 19, 2014, 03:24:21 PM
Thank you.  I was asking for the area where the handle arm is joined to the reel.  The handle arm is secured to the reel through a square opening.  I need the size of the square opening.  Thank you

Man I was way off base,sorry. Give me a second and Ill get that measurement. That is 0.310"
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

Okay, that's larger than a TLD20, smaller than a TLD20II, Larger than an Accurate,...Does anyone else know of a handle arm that may fit?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 20, 2014, 04:38:38 PM
Okay, that's larger than a TLD20, smaller than a TLD20II, Larger than an Accurate,...Does anyone else know of a handle arm that may fit?

Bryan: Could I possibly file out the opening on the TLD20 to fit the Pflueger No.1988
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

The TLD20 is 7 mm by 7 mm.  0.310" is 7.874 mm.  You will need to file approximately 1 mm on each side for it to fit.  Alan has handle arms http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=114.0 in stainless that you could file down for this application.  The TLD20 original handle are really small...looks like they were made for kiddy reels...seriously.  If you are interested in an arm, send Alan a PM.

Reel 224

Quote from: Bryan Young on November 21, 2014, 04:33:55 PM
The TLD20 is 7 mm by 7 mm.  0.310" is 7.874 mm.  You will need to file approximately 1 mm on each side for it to fit.  Alan has handle arms http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=114.0 in stainless that you could file down for this application.  The TLD20 original handle are really small...looks like they were made for kiddy reels...seriously.  If you are interested in an arm, send Alan a PM.

I sent the PM Bryan thank you.

alantani

the handle arm i sent to you was an old prototype jigmaster handle arm with a "double D" hole.  take a look when it arrives.  i think it will work. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Quote from: alantani on November 22, 2014, 07:33:55 AM
the handle arm i sent to you was an old prototype jigmaster handle arm with a "double D" hole.  take a look when it arrives.  i think it will work. 

I will and I'm sharpening up the files  now if needed.

$Bill

I always find good info here! I just bought one of these reels yesterday and started looking for info on it. The main reason I bought it was because it is on a vintage St. Croix solid fiberglass deep sea rod. I got the whole rig for $28. I hope I didn't spend too much!
you have to believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing!