Bail stop on super dam quick

Started by basenjib123, August 05, 2018, 06:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Does anyone know the size of the little plastic bail stops on the Dam Quick Super?  Thanks,  Joe.

oldmanjoe

:)     If it helps , i use a ball point pen ink tube .     .114 od
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

basenjib123

Are you getting a good line lay with that height?  Thanks for the reply.

oldmanjoe

Yes    I am .   I start the tube a little long and cut it until it is 90 degrees.      Than i shim the spool for line lay.
     Don`t let a big fish change you`r line lay.....  ;)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

basenjib123

basenjib123

What is the exact height that you are finding is optimal?  Thanks again,  Joe.

oc1

Great idea Joe.  The bail roller I usually square to the spool so you can use that to get the bumper height.
-steve

oldmanjoe

Quote from: oc1 on August 06, 2018, 01:50:07 AM
Great idea Joe.  The bail roller I usually square to the spool so you can use that to get the bumper height.
-steve
Correct , Watch the roller for stop height.
  Picture of less than ideal 'stop to short '
  second picture my finger is holding the bail up, and you can see how much more stop is needed.

basenjib123

Excellent,  thanks for the replies.