Long Beach 66

Started by Newell Nut, November 20, 2014, 03:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

60's are still cheep and work well for many of our needs, especially when upgraded.   I wouldn't feel under gunned for shallow water Pacific halibut.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Will any of the Newell bars fit the Long Beach 66?  If so, then four of the posts could be replaced with them. 
viurem lliures o morirem

handi2

I had a brand new 68 in the box but I sold it b/c this guy wouldn't leave me alone. He wanted to fish with it.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

George4741

That's a beautiful reel, box and all.
viurem lliures o morirem

Bryan Young

Alan had a 68 fill with 1000 yards of spectra...and it disappeared in his garage. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

He may be like me and forgets where he stashes stuff. Hope it turns up soon.

Shark Hunter

One of the first Penn's I bought was this 68. It doesn't have the stainless spool, but its in great shape.
Just missing the clamp.
Life is Good!

handi2

Daron I have plenty of the original clamps in the clear package. I'll send you one..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Quote from: George4741 on November 25, 2014, 01:22:05 PM
Will any of the Newell bars fit the Long Beach 66?  If so, then four of the posts could be replaced with them. 

I haven't tried, but I'm hoping the 112H bars will fit 2 of the bars. I don't currently have a 112H Newell kit as I usually go after the Tuna Special, but I will pick one up someday to give it a shot.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Ron,
I recently acquired a 112H Accurate frame and looked at it next to a 60 Long Beach. The holes don't line up. I think the two bars will fit, but that's it.
One on either side. The spacing is different.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I'm sure the Accurate frame won't work, the diameter is totally off. But a Newell kit is multi piece. If you say that the holes line up then your helping me out.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Just one bar on either side Ron. I received a 66 today.
Its a lot beefier than the 60. Got it for $20 bucks because someone put the eccentric lever on backwards. Stainless spool too! ;D
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

That's a great score for $20 Daron !!!

Long beach has been one of my favorite reels since I was a youngster.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

I took it apart to fix the lever and the dog was stuck on the side of the spool. They just laid the eccentric spring as you see it. I can picture someone taking this apart, " Lets just throw the parts back in and see if it works!" The only part missing is that tiny 99 dog spring that I don't have! ::) Ugh!
I need to order a bucket of these. The up side, it looks brand new. ;D
Life is Good!