10 X 16 X 8 One Way Bearing

Started by RWS, November 20, 2014, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

I'm looking for a source for this bearing, it fits the Cacutta 300-400 TE reels. 10x16x8 is the size. I wonder where Shimano get's this bearing from ????????????

foakes

Shimano gets these from a small group of Gnomes that inhabit the deepest reaches of the Black Forest.

They only do a limited end-of-year production run -- 10 minutes past the stroke of midnight every other year -- providing there is a second full moon in December. 

Manufactured from an element referred to scientifically as...Unobtanium.

Actually, show us a picture of the bearing and a part number from the schematic -- and someone will likely be able to help with either the bearing or a source.

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

alantani

Quote from: RWS on November 20, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
I'm looking for a source for this bearing, it fits the Cacutta 300-400 TE reels. 10x16x8 is the size. I wonder where Shimano get's this bearing from ????????????
hexagonal outer case, right?  dawn has these!  http://smoothdrag.com/price.html
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

Its Shimano part BNT2925 and I have some if needed...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

RWS

For the Shimano Calcutta 300-400TE reels the part # is BNT 2396, I used over 500 of this bearing last year. Yes dawn has them but the ones she has is plastic inside and does not hold up as well as the stock one. see pic stock one on the left and smooth drag on the right.

johnachak

Are not both of those plastic? It does appear the Smoothdrag version has at least one less roller.

Bryan Young

The new ones that I got from Shimano are similar to what I had received from Alan who got his from SmoothDrag.  The needle bearings are larger than the stock ones, and there is one or two less needle bearings in the cage.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D