Schematics for Daiwa 7000 Million dx

Started by Reel 224, November 22, 2014, 01:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

If there is anyone out there with schematics for the Daiwa 700 Million dx then I would really appreciate a copy. I called Daiwa and even sent a picture...no deal. They couldn't help. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Rancanfish

What number is on the reel itself?  If this is an older reel it may be in my old binder. But not under 700 million that I can find.

I'm not familiar with Daiwa numbers, just acquired the book somewhere.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

That is because in my post I left out one 0 It should have read Daiwa 7000 Million dx that is on the real. Here is a picture...sorry for my type-o

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

I found the schematics on the site you gave me Alan, it was under 7000X Another bonus to joining this site. Thank you.

alantani

glad you figured it out. i took a "quick" glance through all 23 pages and didn't see it!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Quote from: alantani on November 22, 2014, 10:54:59 PM
glad you figured it out. i took a "quick" glance through all 23 pages and didn't see it!

The 7000 X is as close as I could get only one slight difference, the bail is tripped with a latch release under the spool in the schematic, my bail is tripped at the neck of the frame close to were the reel is seated.

Guess they figured that was a bad idea and changed it after mine was manufactured.

I tried to look it up again just to see what page it was on, and I couldn't find it. Glad I saved it and printed it out. Think Ill try again later.

Reel 224

Yes found it on page two eight row first line. 7000x just encase someone else needs it.

foakes

The staggering number of reel models and variations coming from Daiwa has always astounded me.

I have 6 or 8 factory service manuals -- and I am sure they only cover half of the reels produced by Daiwa over the years.

Daiwa makes good reels -- but over the years some of the best and highest quality spinners came from the mid 70s to mid 80s.  This was the golden age of spinners -- they were still made with aluminum and metals mostly, and had not transitioned to plastics and graphites as much.  They were simpler in function, and just worked very well.

Your 7000 Million DX is an example of a under valued, high quality reel.  A few others that come to my mind are the tiny Mini-Mites with the spring loaded folding handles, gold series had ball bearings.  And the little 500, 700, and 1000Cs.  These latter silver ones had bushings instead of ball bearings -- but it is just an easy switch out to install bearings in place of the bushings -- plug n play.

Good company.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Quote from: foakes on November 24, 2014, 03:42:35 PM
The staggering number of reel models and variations coming from Daiwa has always astounded me.

I have 6 or 8 factory service manuals -- and I am sure they only cover half of the reels produced by Daiwa over the years.

Daiwa makes good reels -- but over the years some of the best and highest quality spinners came from the mid 70s to mid 80s.  This was the golden age of spinners -- they were still made with aluminum and metals mostly, and had not transitioned to plastics and graphites as much.  They were simpler in function, and just worked very well.

Your 7000 Million DX is an example of a under valued, high quality reel.  A few others that come to my mind are the tiny Mini-Mites with the spring loaded folding handles, gold series had ball bearings.  And the little 500, 700, and 1000Cs.  These latter silver ones had bushings instead of ball bearings -- but it is just an easy switch out to install bearings in place of the bushings -- plug n play.

Good company.

Best,

Fred

Fred: As you stated Daiwa used to make great reels,but like most manufactures today (ie) Ford,Chevrolet  ...etc.etc. That is long gone. I was an avid Daiwa customer in the past,not anymore. The reel that I have was purchased in the early 70s and has gotten tons of use casting the beach and the Naval Pier near us. The maintenance was very poor on my part but it has held up greatly,I believe it will go on forever. But call Daiwa and try to get parts..not going to happen,I know because I tried,they couldn't even identify the reel after I sent pictures.I think one of the major problems with a lot of manufacturing is changing what works and the profit margin...price before quality. There are good reel manufactures out there but I don't think Daiwa is one of them,at least not anymore.

Joe