24-56 Penn handle

Started by Rancanfish, November 25, 2014, 03:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Just curious if these handles are used as is,  or acquired to drill out and install the Kolekars?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Doug

I use them as is. use them on the smaller reels surfmasters squidders etc   The older torpedo knob 24-56 are getting hard to find and are getting prices of $30+ for the green and red colors   Doug

Porthos

Quote from: Rancanfish on November 25, 2014, 03:44:18 PM
Just curious if these handles are used as is,  or acquired to drill out and install the Kolekars?

I've used the 24-55's and 24-56's as-is. If you were to go the Kolekars, may be more efficient to just find arms by themselves and match them up to the desired handles.

Bryan Young

I believe Alan has part 24-56.  If you are going to put on one of Kolekar's 2/0 or 4/0 handle, or Alan's new 3/0 handle, I would recommend buying a Stainless steel arm http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8662.0.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

the 24-56's are nice! they're $20 now, used to be $12.  my 3/0 grip and stainless steel jigmaster are $35, so it's quite a jump!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

Don't you ever sleep Alan?

Are yours the modern black, old black with oil port or......

Sorry but I can't keep up,  lol.

alantani

not sure what i have left.  maybe one or two used handles.  the wife snores pretty badly.  hit the sack at 10, woke up at 3am to her snoring and couldn't get back to sleep, came down stairs and worked at the computer for 2 hours and went back to bed at 5am, slept in until 9am.  finishing off reels today after goofing off yesterday.  it never ends. :-\

Rancanfish

Check it out for me bud. LMK

alantani

Bryan Young

I think I may have one.  I think after I got it and before I mounted it on a reel, I was at Alan's and saw his stainless steel arms and spinner grips, and I was sold.

Let me look this evening and post a picture so you can see they actual type. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish