What are the best bearings ?

Started by Mad as a fish, November 26, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad as a fish

I do not have a clue about bearings so I am looking for some advice as to which bearings are the best on the market today. :)

Tightlines667

Depends of which reel make/model and somewhat on which bearings you will be replacing, and what you will be using the reel for.  ABEC 5 Stainless are typically best for longevity, while ABEC 7 ceramic hybrids will be the fastest/smoothest.  There are various options between type of seals, or open, cage types, etc.  there are also some other specialty bearings avail.  If you have your bearing dimensions (inner dia/outter dia/width), the manufacturer, smoothdrag, or BicaBearings are good places to start to look at your options. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Mad as a fish

Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 27, 2014, 12:33:15 AM
Depends of which reel make/model and somewhat on which bearings you will be replacing, and what you will be using the reel for.  ABEC 5 Stainless are typically best for longevity, while ABEC 7 ceramic hybrids will be the fastest/smoothest.  There are various options between type of seals, or open, cage types, etc.  there are also some other specialty bearings avail.  If you have your bearing dimensions (inner dia/outter dia/width), the manufacturer, smoothdrag, or BicaBearings are good places to start to look at your options. 
Thank you for your reply, I want to replace all the bearings in my Penn torque 100 international star drag,I would like to try the ABEC 7 hybrids.
I fish beaches,rock edges and rough ground, would the ABEC 7 cope with that type of fishing. ;D