Good condition!

Started by Jerseymic, November 30, 2014, 11:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

I'll bet Mr. Shark could make it look/function better than new.   :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

If that's good condition :o I would hate to see what poor condition is ::) That reel hasn't seen a drop of fresh water since Noah built the ark.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jerseymic

We also get quite a lot of what I call selective photography here.

Good shots of a reel in what looks like perfect condition, but there is just that one shot missing from a certain angle that conveniently fails to show that little chip or bit of chrome loss!

Shark Hunter

Good Crusty Condition. ;) They just left out the Crusty part. ;D
Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Reel 224 on December 01, 2014, 12:23:08 AM
If that's good condition :o I would hate to see what poor condition is ::) That reel hasn't seen a drop of fresh water since Noah built the ark.

Lol

David Hall

I'd call it a 3 out 5 for appearance,
It's a jigmaster so you know it can be brought back to new or better than new condition mechanically.
There's bunches of them on the auction site, listed as vintage great condition for a reel of this age.
$10.00 and that's my final offer.

Newell Nut

Those ads are really funny and also the ones that start the bidding $100 over what the reel is worth. Looked at a Newell 447 today that started at 249 and of course no bidders biting on that one.

Maxed Out

"good condition" is a very broad statement

I even use it to describe myself from time to time, but only to my wife.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Reel 224

Personally I have never bought anything from Ebay. I suppose there are good deals found there but I personally don't like doing business that way. You could be looking at a picture of something that looks good and receive something entirely different. Not worth the hassle for me.   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Unutt

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 01, 2014, 11:28:51 PM
Those ads are really funny and also the ones that start the bidding $100 over what the reel is worth. Looked at a Newell 447 today that started at 249 and of course no bidders biting on that one.

I see that kind of thing on craigslist also.  The urge is to contact the seller and set him/her right, but I know there is no value. 
So many reels, so little time.

David Hall

A coworker dragged this 4/0 out of his truck yesterday,  told me he bought it new and asked what could be done.  I said if you don't need it for awhile give it to me and I will see what I can do.  I brought it home cracked it open stripped it down, wire brushed and buffed the chrome, cleaned and greased all, upgraded the drag washers, shaved the spacer, put it back together and gave it back to him today.  He accused me of swapping his for a new reel until I reassured him this was indeed his reel.  He paid me with two packs of home smoked salmon. A fair trade in my book.  Now it's in good condition.

foakes

You have become a real pro, David --

Solid work!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.