Delrin

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, December 05, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

A walmart cutting board would work great. Good idea Sal.

handi2

I've spent well over $100 for the individual wad cutters from Germany. Now they cut fast and easy but I still have to cut the center hole. Today I received the set shown in the link above. I'll try them out tomorrow.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rothmar2

We have a set of those that Newell Nut has shown at work, just got a lot more larger sizes in the set. They are fantastic, and haven't had to sharpen them.
But we have a saying "Thou shalt use wad punches into end grain only or risk (that would break the 12 y/o rule)!" Needless to say they are well looked after.

handi2

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 12, 2014, 08:25:10 PM
http://www.gaskettools.com/punches-mayhew.asp

This tool cuts perfectly for me for both CFs and delrin. I use the 16 piece model and the metric version gets me the closest to what I use in my Newell's with minimum sanding of CFs. When I punch my Delrin out a 22mm OD and 10mm ID in one rap of the hammer I need to hit the ID just a few strokes with a round file to slip over the gear sleeve easily.

I received mine today and they are great..! No more having to cut the center hole. I do allot of spinning reels and these will sure make it fast and save a bunch of money..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Three se7ens

Agreed.  The most expensive tools in my shop are the cheap ones.  They cost me money every time they get used.

Alto Mare

I agree 100%. Happens to me often, but I'm slowly learning .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

The "most expensive tool" I have/had was the 9/16" wrenches me and my crew kept dropping off the docks and transfer bridges.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain