7000i side plate thumb screws

Started by Lunker Larry, December 07, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Is there a replacement part for the 3 thumb tightening screws on the side plate of the 7000s or do you have to replace the side plate? Have a mint 7000 missing one.

Thanks all.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

alantani

i keep very few ambassaduer parts in inventory.  if no one here has this, check with purefishing at 800-228-4272.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mooki

I remember buying for a 5500 from blakdog, he also had a simple flaring tool.
Did a quick check and he has a screw kit available for 4500 - 7000.
http://www.blakdogtackle.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_100&products_id=224
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

Lunker Larry

Thanks everyone. In case you ever need one, found one at http://store.dadsoletackle.com/

Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000 7500 Discontinued Right Side Plate Thumb Screw  Part Number 6974
$2.75

Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

A follow up to this. I assumed the thumb screw just broke away from the side plate and needed to be replaced. I finally took the time to remove the side plate and found that the threaded post on the frame was machined poorly with no threads at all. Here's a pic. Pretty shoddy work. don't know how this could slip by any quality control.
Compare the bad post on the left with the good one on the right.

KYwoodsman

Wow. Thanks for the pic. I believe I would be contacting Abu/Pure fishing about that. Seems like that would be something they would be willing to take care of for you. Good luck.

Lunker Larry

Reel frame and side casing are being covered under warranty from ABU.

Tile

You can hunt down a broken 7000 frame and take the post and replace the bad one on your frame.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Lunker Larry

If it wasn't covered by ABU, that's what I'd be doing.

Tile

When I opened the non handle side of my Abu AG Seven the threaded insert was loose and it came right out. The fix was to remove the screw and to reattach the insert to the frame and tighten it well.
In solid fiberglass we trust