Latest upgrade on the 112H

Started by Alto Mare, December 09, 2014, 10:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Today I put the new latest 4:1 gears in the 112H and as I expected everything is working perfectly
We've been getting lots of new members here lately, so I'll mention the double dog, just in case.
If any of you would like to install a second dog in this reel, what works best for me is to install a pin and use a coiled spring as the jigmaster

and here is a pic of both dogs

I did not have the kit from Bryan, so I decided to use one of Lee's insert

cutting these washers with scissors takes less than 10 seconds on each

I used .50mm metal keyed washers ( the stock 7-60 washers fit perfectly, you might need to get thinner carbon fiber washers if you use those) I used 1.10mm carbon fiber washers and as you could see, a perfect fit.
and of course a delrin under the gear and one on top. On this one I had to use the 12.50mm spacer  to make it work.
Use the "O" ring when assembling this reel if you have the two dogs, it will make it much easier

This reel gave the same results as the jigmaster, the stardidn't give as much travel as the jigmaster, but that's because of the thicker custom stainless steel star.

Dom, you will like it, the new gears work great in this reel.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Nice, are you trying to force me to make more adapter sets..... ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on December 09, 2014, 11:03:23 PM
Nice, are you trying to force me to make more adapter sets..... ;D

Yes! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I'll dig around and see if I can come up with materials.  I have enough 113H and 114H ones "ordered" so it's something that needs to be done.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

fodf

Sal, what are you using for a pin? And how are you securing it to the side plate?
Eric

DaBigOno

Thanks for the testing Sal.  Makes me wish I order more than the three sets I got
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Sal, your making me wish I had pulled the trigger on these gears. Cash flow problem at the time. Hope Alan c. Decides to make more.....we shall see.
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Quote from: fodf on December 09, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
Sal, what are you using for a pin? And how are you securing it to the side plate?
Eric
Eric, I used a pin from the gear sleeve . Drill the correct size hole, about 1/8" deep and use some epoxy to set it in.

Quote from: Dabigono on December 09, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
Thanks for the testing Sal.  Makes me wish I order more than the three sets I got

You did good with three sets. I'm hoping these will generate lots of interest so Alan will change his mind.
This is a good thing.

Black Pearl

Hey, this should be in the Senator section. ;)

BMITCH

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 09, 2014, 11:50:00 PM
Hey, this should be in the Senator section. ;)

Alan the 112h is like a jigmaster on steroids
luck is the residue of design.

Maxed Out

Nice job Sal. It looks narrowed, which makes it look like a red sided high speed 2/0, which we know penn never made. I'll take 5 please !!!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Alright!
Where did that Handle come from! ;D
Life is Good!

Black Pearl

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

i was thinking more of an FN FAL!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!