Vintage Halibut Jig

Started by Big Tim, December 10, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I'm thinking this is a bit of a reach asking this question here, especially since I'm the guy that collects old California Lures...But...I am running into a snag pretty much everywhere I go as to when this lure was made and it's production run, ect...

Malaga Deep Sea Jig By, Sam Jorgensen.
I do know that Sam Jorgensen applied for and was granted the patents to the original Pacific Shiners that were made in 1940 by A.L. Gower (The Encyclopedia of Old Fishing Lures: Made in North America), That about it on his fishing lure manufacturing...My guess is the late 1940's-1950's ???

Kind of a neat ol lure

TomT

Malaga Deep Sea Jig By, Sam Jorgensen.
I do know that Sam Jorgensen applied for and was granted the patents to the original Pacific Shiners that were made in 1940 by A.L. Gower (The Encyclopedia of Old Fishing Lures: Made in North America), That about it on his fishing lure manufacturing...My guess is the late 1940's-1950's ???

Tim, that is a neat looking lure.  I lived on Central Ave about 2 blocks e/o Hwy 99 from about 1946 to 1950 but I was 10 years old when we moved.  I do remember a manufacturing plant just e/o of 99 on Central.  Who might be able to give you some info is one of the Turner's from Turner's Wrecking Yard (one of them should be about 75 yrs as we were playmates when I lived there).  They have been in the area forever and knew everyone.
TomT