Old Curado CU200B38 Pinion

Started by LOZ, December 18, 2014, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOZ

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can find a pinion gear for old curado in 3.8.1 ratio? Called SW Parts and they did not have any. I could switch main gear and pinion over to a 6.2.1 if I had to but I would really like to keep at 3.8.1 if I could. Thanks

Bryan Young

Have you tried Shimano directly?  If they don't have it, they may know what parts center does.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LOZ

I called Shimano and they referred me to SW parts/service and they don't have them either. Guess I will switch reel over to a 6.2.1 if I can't find one

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

LOZ

Part number BNT2800, looks like I am out of luck

alantani

i'm at work but joey is working on reels right now.  i had him check and we don't have this part either.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

Lunker Larry

Too bad.  You may just have to keep checking repair depots in the hope they have one on the shelf.
Good luck

Keta

I tried to find a cross over gear set but it looks like Shimano has fallen for the high speed hype and all of their low profile reels are now 5.5:1 or higher.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Pro Reel

I have 2 of the 3.8 gear sets. They are new. I'm not interested in selling just a pinion, but I would sell a drive and pinion set for $20 shipped in the US.

Zimbass

The recommendation of Shimano is that the gear and pinion should be replaced as a set.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

LOZ

Quote from: Pro Reel on December 23, 2014, 04:16:40 PM
I have 2 of the 3.8 gear sets. They are new. I'm not interested in selling just a pinion, but I would sell a drive and pinion set for $20 shipped in the US.

Email sent, thanks

alantani

yes, always replace both gears as a set, never alone. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!