daiwa gs 90 parts

Started by txangler81, December 19, 2014, 05:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

I bought a gs 90 off fleabay a few weeks ago and now I am trying to find some parts. One of the screws that hold the bail in place has been broken off in the rotor cup. I might be able to put it in a vice and drill it out, but I will still need a screw. Does anyone know where I can find parts for this reel and possibly a schematic?
Thanks
Dustin

txangler81

Looking for parts and a schematic for a daiwa gs 90

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Hi Dustin --

Here are copies of the parts list and schematic in one of my shop service manuals from 1978.

Daiwa has made 1000s of reel models over the years -- but there are interchangeability tables that I have for many of their parts -- since many Daiwa reels use the same parts.

Hope this helps.  If you need a specific screw or other parts, I may be able to help -- but most of my NOS Daiwa parts are basically unorganized, since when I need a part for a reel -- I just match it to the old part.

So you might post some pics -- and maybe we could get you the part you need.  Might need some measurements also.  Glad to help, if possible.

Couple of ways to accomplish this -- Since you now have the part numbers, try Southwestern Reel in Texas.  Or Mike's, in Canada.  Or anyone else who might have numbered parts going back 37 years.

Or Wait! -- I might be able to help on a NOS part -- and as I was just going through about 100 Daiwa reels -- I found this old gold GS90.  I may have what you need either NOS or on this rotor assembly.  Looks like the rotor assembly is complete.

Let me know.  

Thanks,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

txangler81

Wow thanks guys I appreciate the help. Fred I will see if I can get the screw out of the rotor, and let you know what I need.

Thanks
Dustin

foakes

Just let me know what you need and I'll send it to you.

This rotor looks complete if you need the whole thing -- so in other words -- you do need a tight threaded hole for the screw, with no slop -- so if you get unlucky and screw up the rotor -- i would just send you everything you need.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RTT

Hello Fred

Would you sell the body?

Ray

foakes

Hi Ray --

You can have the whole reel for $10 shipped.

That is about $8.05 for USPS Priority -- and the other 2 bucks for the entire reel.

Many years ago, I likely broke it down to repair -- and never completed it.

If interested -- PM your mailing address -- I will give you mine back -- and I will send everything to you.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

RTT

txangler81

well shoot looks like I waited to long oh well ya snooze ya lose guess I will try to get this screw out after all does anyone have any tips in doing this

foakes

Sorry, Dustin --

Did not hear back from you, so...

Do this if you would -- identify which screw you need before I send this to Ray -- I will try to match it up with a loose one -- and put it aside to send to you.

When I strip old reels down for parts -- I just separate the various parts into common bins -- bail screws, bails, bearings, trip levers, handles, screws, gears, washers, springs, drag knobs, spools, etc.  No brand organization -- just the same type of parts to match up when needed for a repair.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

txangler81

the part number is 351-6101 other than that I don't have any other info it is the screw that holds the bail cover on the opposite side from the bail spring. Its not a big deal I did find the parts on mikesreelrepair.com are they reliable.

thanks
Dustin

foakes

Hi Dustin --

Do you still need that screw for this GS90 reel?

If so, PM your full name and address -- and I will mail it to you -- No Charge.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Patudo

Hi all,

I'm trying to source a handle (part #53, 6-745-6812), two handle screws (part #51, 6-361-2211) and two handle washers (part #50, 6-372-3501) for a friend who operates a charter boat ('nuff said). 

The reels are Daiwa GS-9s - I thought the GS-9 was the same as the GS-90, but the parts numbers on the schematics diagram I've found for the GS-9 are different to those in the pics above. 

I would be really grateful for any help - it's a shame to see two reels that are otherwise in good working order be disabled by the lack of a couple of parts.  Will gladly pay for parts and postage (to the UK). 

Cheers
patudo