Senator Handles

Started by Shark Hunter, December 20, 2014, 10:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

The wife took the grandkids ice skating. I took all my handles out of my toolbox and laid them all out on the stove. I polished each one and wrapped them in shop towels. I am trying to organize. ::)
Life is Good!

Superhook

Shark Hunter,

Now that's how you use a Stove.

Quite a collection ! The Power handles for 10/0 and up are harder to find . 14/0 and 16/0's are almost scarce.

Ray

Maxed Out

Daron, those handles are from a generation gone by, never to return. Like ray said, some are getting near impossible to locate even in used up condition. Thanks for the pic. That must represent a lot of aftermarket handles that adorn your reels.

Easy way to keep those old ones from getting beat up is wrap a paper towel around then a rubber band....then pile them in a tool box.....lol
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

George4741

Daron,
Nice!  What is the red handle with the long arm?
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

I don't know George. It looks like a penn original. That's why I kept it. It came off a 6/0.
Life is Good!

Superhook

Daron,

The 16/0 power handle was Penn's biggest . The long handle with the red knob is aftermarket. I have seen them fitted to all sorts of penn reels . One was fitted to a 250yds old reel with 40 lb line ......no wonder the whole centre guts tore out of the head plate. ::)

PS . The counterweighted handles were used up to 12/0 in the early Senators.

Ray

fIsHsTiiCkS

Those green ones are a beaut! Nice collection