Coloured Penn Reels

Started by Superhook, December 20, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Quote from: Decker on April 24, 2020, 04:28:19 PM
There's been some clamor from the peanut gallery (myself included) directed to Randy to get tiburon to make a 100 spool for the XN kit. Same spool as the Squidder with different shaft.  Doesn't seem likely to happen unless he does a kit specifically for the 100.

Don't forget Alan Chui's 100 spool guys. I just put one in a Surfy 100 build...fantastic spool. 8)

https://www.prochallenger.com/product/pc-29l-100-aluminum-spool-for-penn-reels/56?cs=true
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: mo65 on April 24, 2020, 05:54:51 PM
Quote from: Decker on April 24, 2020, 04:28:19 PM
There's been some clamor from the peanut gallery (myself included) directed to Randy to get tiburon to make a 100 spool for the XN kit. Same spool as the Squidder with different shaft.  Doesn't seem likely to happen unless he does a kit specifically for the 100.

Don't forget Alan Chui's 100 spool guys. I just put one in a Surfy 100 build...fantastic spool. 8)

https://www.prochallenger.com/product/pc-29l-100-aluminum-spool-for-penn-reels/56?cs=true

Funny you should bring that up. I was just thumbing through his page and saw that! Maybe I should make something with green Monofil plates after all....

mo65

If you wanted to keep the stock Monofil 26 width, you could use a Surfmaster 150 aluminum spool. I did that on a brown Monofil 26.

ReelFishingProblems

It seems sacrilegious, but I'm thinking of colored Newell's and want to create a penn version....

mo65

I say go for it! Every Tom, Dick, and Harry around has a stock colored Monofil.(myself included) I saw that green Monofil hot rod that Pompano Joe built a few years ago and knew I had to get some colored Penns. 8)

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: mo65 on April 24, 2020, 07:09:42 PM
   I say go for it! Every Tom, Dick, and Harry around has a stock colored Monofil.(myself included) I saw that green Monofil hot rod that Pompano Joe built a few years ago and knew I had to get some colored Penns. 8)

You have inspired me

Game on

Alto Mare

There are a few spread around the site,
Here are a couple of mine:
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13268.msg166340#msg166340
On the very next page Aliala has some nice ones as well.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13268.msg169173#msg169173

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ReelFishingProblems

Sal,

Thanks for bringing those back to light.

I wouldn't even think to look. (My downfall)
They look amazing.
I'd love to see a lot more members do great things with them.
I'll have to start my project now

1badf350

Today I got this pretty sweet mottled  Delmar
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Maxed Out

Sweet reel Chris

I swear that logo says delmar 385  ;D  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

Nice one !  That knob is pretty neat, too !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 17, 2020, 12:32:45 AM

Sweet reel Chris

I swear that logo says delmar 385  ;D  ;D
Hahahahaha  ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Benni3

That's a fantastic one,,,,, ;) really nice colors and the spool is just black very cool,,,,,,, 8)

1badf350

Heres a pretty cool Atlantic 14. I must have forgotten about this thread when I got it.
-Chris

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !