Coloured Penn Reels

Started by Superhook, December 20, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mo65

That one has incredible coloring Chris! I'd love to find a Long Beach that dramatic...but they just didn't seem to play around with the more expensive models. The fantastic mottling always seems to be on 85s, Delmar 285s, and the Atlantic 14s and 15s. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

Quote from: mo65 on June 26, 2020, 06:12:01 PM
   That one has incredible coloring Chris! I'd love to find a Long Beach that dramatic...but they just didn't seem to play around with the more expensive models. The fantastic mottling always seems to be on 85s, Delmar 285s, and the Atlantic 14s and 15s. 8)
Thanks Mo!
Speaking of 85s this one is a recent grab. I initially thought the headplate was black, but saw it had a dramatic tailplate. I was surprised when I got it and saw the headplate.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

Got this orange in-numbered tailplate for a light casting reel. So I put it on a clean non-numbered 160. Seems appropriate for October
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Crow

Just when you think you've seen them all....along comes another "horse of a different color" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

2 fantastic reels,,,, ;) the orange side plate is very hard to find,,,,,,,, ;D

oldmanjoe

Very well done , i like the color combination .     
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

mo65

Saw this teal green 4/0 posted on the Facebooks today...WOW...even has the box! :al

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

I forgot where the spool thread is but here's a white spool 160 I found locally today
-Chris

Shellbelly

That's nice and crisp.  The stand condition is impressive as well.  There's something about those small Penns.  I like 'em.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Maxed Out

Quote from: mo65 on March 20, 2022, 10:33:28 PM   Saw this teal green 4/0 posted on the Facebooks today...WOW...even has the box! :al

Looks purty Mike, but closer inspection tells me it's painted green, but I still kinda like it
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Whatsa "S" stand for on the teal-113?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

AC49

The "S" stands for solid or single... meaning not a three piece spool as per Broadway a while back.

54bullseye

One of my favorite Penn's!!   John Taylor

Swami805

That's a beauty, super clean.  Don't think I've seen a colored Long Beach before
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Quote from: Swami805 on May 29, 2023, 01:25:33 PMThat's a beauty, super clean.  Don't think I've seen a colored Long Beach before
It came from Brian Purrone before he died !!   John