changes that were long overdue.......

Started by alantani, October 26, 2010, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackereljoe

It just keep getting better.  I used to google alantani and whatever reel help and i've gotten help from numerous website.  Got help from from getbent to bloodydecks to stripersonline....  Now, i'll just go straight here.  Thanks Alan!

jig-guy

Alan good, keep your site so your daughter can read or see anything on it. Also this is the REAL REEL site and leave it that way.

jig-guy

NesandAaca

You have my word sir Alan strictly REELS!!! I love this site already great job!!!
Shark fishing from land! WHAT???

alantani

thank you, gentlemen.  glad to have you aboard!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dobrobill

[/quote]

Yep, that's whats good about this place.
and the shared knowledge, and the members, and...
btw Alan, thanks for starting it it all!
[/quote]

Agreed.....

saltydog

Great site Alan and nothing about it should be changed,alot of sites go with advertising and they start getting run by it.Keep up the good work guys.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

drifterwa

New person here....  Like the standards BUT as a retired public school teacher......most kids have long been exposed to "words", long before they reached the ago of 10.  Television, walking thru a mall, peer group, internet.........the "dirty words" are all there........that's reality.
Worse day SPORT fishing, is better than the best day working !!!!!!

Irish Jigger

I am a member of three fishing related websites, Bloody Decks,360 tuna and Alan Tani's website.
I have a  young grandson who loves fishing and this is the only site I would want him reading simply because of the standards set by Alan and the moderators.
I agree the "dirty words " are all out there but am happy they don't appear on this website.

BTW Welcome to the site drifterwa.

Keta

Hi drifterwa.

Quote from: drifterwa on December 27, 2012, 06:13:36 PM
New person here....  Like the standards BUT as a retired public school teacher......most kids have long been exposed to "words", long before they reached the ago of 10.  Television, walking thru a mall, peer group, internet.........the "dirty words" are all there........that's reality.

Not here though, thats our reality.....and I tend to cuss like a millwright.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broadway

I'm with lee... I curse like a drunken sailor but not here... Tough to get used to but nice when nobody tells you that you're a *## for an idea or a thought you had like other sites... As lee said welcome to our reality and the family.
PS- talk about family... I'm in Jamaica now and can't stay away from you guys;)
Dom

Alto Mare

Welcome drifterwa! Enjoy your stay! Don't take it personal if I ever edit one your messages, I don't let much slide here.
We are cleaner than a 12 year old ;D and trying to keep it that way ;)
Sal

Dom,  I'm hoping you're doing some fishing down there. Take some pictures.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Sal,
   To tell ya the truth I'm not gonna throw my money away fishing barracuda down here. Jamaica had been grossly over fished and its not worth the 1500 for the charter. Gotta save that dough for my Broadway;( will be dealing with the insurance company when I get back, ugh!
I'll take lots of photos and will be looking for a small boat to take me out... if nothing else a boat ride.
Take it easy pal,
Dom

Bill B

DW I'm the same, been working in a prison for 16 years and it doesn't get much rougher than that....this site is a refreshing PEACE of mind....I like the people here.....have fun and welcome to the Darkside...we have cookies...especially chocolate chip ;D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

Quote from: drifterwa on December 27, 2012, 06:13:36 PM
New person here....  Like the standards BUT as a retired public school teacher......most kids have long been exposed to "words", long before they reached the ago of 10.  Television, walking thru a mall, peer group, internet.........the "dirty words" are all there........that's reality.

no doubt about that, but as kids we all knew there is a limit to what we could say around dad.  wanna talk about reality?  hang around my dad for a while.  screw up and you got a fast dose of reality!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wneubauer

Wow, It's been a while since I last visited, and that was a mistake.  All these changes are great.  Alan, thanks for all you do for us reel repair guys out here, and my 10 year old daughter can read pretty much anything I post on any BB.  I am fully behind your simple but effective rules.  Love the new look and open feel of this board!

Bill