Dramamine Overdose

Started by Norcal Pescador, October 27, 2010, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Yo Paisano:  I know what you mean.  I was big game fishing out of San Juan in February.  We left on one of those gorgeous tropical mornings.  By about 11 a.m. The cruiser was disappearing in the troughs.  I mean we were looking up at a wall of water the height of a 2 story building.  We headed in of course but it was a hairy adventure.  I did not feel that the captain did not have the situation under control, but even with the patches I got a little queasy.  Now about pulling Tuna, I have had tuna on for over a half hour.  I'm tough.  My personal best is 45lbs.  This fall (Nov. 2-5) during the tournament we go for the big ones.  Next month I will be down for the 30-50 pounders.  I'll post pictures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, when I retire I want to be just like you, Keep on catching them. About the queasy part, was it the patch or the Zin? Post some pictures , I would love to see them. I fought that tuna on my own, I don't like to share the fight, the other guys where taking turns with theirs, but they were not stone masons for over 35 years like myself! I will show you a picture...if I can download it, still a nice blue fin.

Marlinmate, that's a heck of a breakfast, sausage and gravy? WoW! :o All I do in the morning is coffee,maybe a banana or apple.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marlinmate

Marlinmate, that's a heck of a breakfast, sausage and gravy? WoW! :o All I do in the morning is coffee,maybe a banana or apple.
[/quote]

Alto....I do enjoy that on non-fishing days, but a Frosted Raspberry POPTART and a swig of water is all i eat on fishing days.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Alto Mare

Quote from: Marlinmate on April 10, 2011, 12:28:48 PM

Alto....I do enjoy that on non-fishing days, but a Frosted Raspberry POPTART and a swig of water is all i eat on fishing days.

I know what you mean Marlinmate. I used to make and cure my own sausages , now I don't make them anymore, they're so darn good that I can't controll myself and the Doc said to lay off of them.  I enjoy frying a couple of pieces with a couple of  eggs and a nice loaf of crispy bread. Thanks for reminding me, I'll go make some now before the wife gets up. ;D ;D Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marlinmate

Alto....If i had my druthers, I would sit down with a nice big cup of coffee, 2 eggs over easy, wheat toast, 3-4 slabs of scrapple (cooked to crispy), a side of corned beef hash, Lipitor pill, and a toilet within 3 minutes from cleaning my plate.

For those who don't know what Scrapple is......."it's everything but the squeal"
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Keith K

Quote from: Marlinmate on April 10, 2011, 02:16:12 PM
Alto....If i had my druthers, I would sit down with a nice big cup of coffee, 2 eggs over easy, wheat toast, 3-4 slabs of scrapple (cooked to crispy), a side of corned beef hash, Lipitor pill, and a toilet within 3 minutes from cleaning my plate.

For those who don't know what Scrapple is......."it's everything but the squeal"

Winner!    ;D

Alto Mare

Hey guys, how did we get from Dramamine to Scrapple? :o....Cool!

While we're on the subject, try frying some chicken gizzards with some hot pepper and mix in some scrambled eggs...now that's a breakfast, but you will need a glass of red wine, not coffee...yes in the morning. You'll be fully charged for the day! ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

Sal:  I know you and Rob are going to rag on me, but I went through my fishing pictures and I only have a couple of pictures of Tuna.  I remember the biggest one I got (45lbs) I did not have my camera with me.  I'll post what I do have over in the Photo Section.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, don't go too crazy trying to find pictures, just do as you did before.....carefully cut them out of a fishing magazine and post them. ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

Does anyone know how to use photoshop? ;D

codhead

I know of only one sure-fire way to avoid mal de mer - SIT UNDER A TREE

A French optometrist has developed some glasses that provide the brain with a false horizon. They're not the most attractive items of fashionwear but if they can mitigate the effects of seasickness, who cares what they look like?

Boarding Ring

The older I get, the better I was

Dominick

Hey Codhead:  That might work.  The glasses I mean.  I read somewhere that motion sickness comes as a result of the eye confusing the brain, or was it the other way around? ???  Dominick

Alto Mare

Dominick, I would love to see you with them on. ;D ;D ;D

OSIRIS631

Boy and I thought Montauk waters where bad!
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

Keta

Quote from: OSIRIS631 on April 18, 2014, 02:32:14 PM
Boy and I thought Montauk waters where bad!

The NE Pacific can get rough.  15' combined is doable if the interval is long and the wind waves less than 2'.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain