Please help. I'm about to give up on my S332–5

Started by Stylo328, January 06, 2015, 02:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Beautiful job, NN --

The way you have that reel set up -- is righteous.

Nice to see a Pro do what he does best -- and so effortlessly.

Thanks for sharing -- and showing how to make a capable 30 year reel out of one that most folks would throw in the trash.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Nice job.  He should be happy with the 'REAL' service job.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Bryan Young

Glad you could help this guy out.  I'm sure he appreciates having a reel that is better than new.

I also hate those bolts...always stuck and I too have broken a bunch.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

First time that I have seen all six toasted. The reel was basically held together with rust friction. Carl was a brilliant guy in my book but he bombed on these cross bolts. If they had more chrome in them they may have been a great idea.

Alto Mare

Beautiful job Dwight, I know it feels good bringing back something that was abused as that reel. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

NICE job Dwight! I to have come across reels that were just "serviced" like that, very sad thing. I knew you guys would take care of stlyo's prob. GREAT work!

bluefish69

Nice job NN. You earned your pat on the back for this one.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Yes He did. A pat from me too Dwight! ;D
Solid Work, as Usual. ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Thanks guys, now back to wrapping rods for a few weeks or months. Need another cup to get started this morning.

mhc

Thanks Dwight - inspirational work for amateur tinkerers like myself.
Michael
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Tiddlerbasher

Great work Dwight - Stylo should be well pleased.