Custom insert for the 113H

Started by Alto Mare, January 16, 2015, 09:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on March 03, 2015, 03:32:36 PM
Quote from: alantani on March 01, 2015, 06:11:36 AM
Quote from: Shiftee on March 01, 2015, 02:13:46 AM
Strictly hypothetical question here, but what kind of drag do you think could be generated with this insert, a 7+1 stack from bryan, and a gen 2 sleeve from alan? I say hypothetical because I'm not sure how much more drag a senator can take.

more than the non-stainless steel gears can handle, for sure.  and certainly more then i would want to use on a single speed reel. 

I have been fishing 2speed vs 1 speed on a few applications. I would have to agree with this statement a little. Also, it comes to preference and style of fishing. I really only will be using these inserts/versa style gears in one reel. The things you guys are doing here is insane though!!!
There is a lot more to take in consideration, not just two speed vs one speed, as in handle length, spool height, gear ratio and more. If a reel is well balanced there is no need for the two speed, just my opinion.
On your last comment, all i will say is: if you can't take the heat step out of the kitchen ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 08, 2015, 02:38:20 PM

Adam, your set  includes (5)mm carbon fiber washers and (6) keyed washers. On the reel with easy access drag system, I'm going to recommend that you change it to (5) carbon fiber washers, (5) keyed washers and (1) keyed washer of 0.95" in thickness for the top.

Sal

The kits that Im shipping out include 5 carbon fiber washers, 4 thin metal washers, and one thick metal washer.  The extra washers I sent you were the new hardened ones, and I still owe you a thick washer for the first kit I sent you.  It wasnt cut with my last order, but I have extras on the order Im picking up this week.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on March 08, 2015, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on March 08, 2015, 02:38:20 PM

Adam, your set  includes (5)mm carbon fiber washers and (6) keyed washers. On the reel with easy access drag system, I'm going to recommend that you change it to (5) carbon fiber washers, (5) keyed washers and (1) keyed washer of 0.95" in thickness for the top.

Sal

The kits that Im shipping out include 5 carbon fiber washers, 4 thin metal washers, and one thick metal washer.  The extra washers I sent you were the new hardened ones, and I still owe you a thick washer for the first kit I sent you.  It wasnt cut with my last order, but I have extras on the order Im picking up this week.

Adam, that's funny, I just opened the bag and sure enough you already have what I just requested. I was working with the first set and had no idea you've already included it. You're one step ahead.
Thanks !
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

I have 9 more 113H kits available.  $37 shipped each in the continental US.  PM me to order.  Ill put them on my website late this week. 

sundaytrucka

Just ordered my custom insert from Adam, cannot wait for it to arrive and install it. I might have to buy some delrin washers for other reels and for a belleville on my Tank.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

theluckpusher

"To Hell with Luck, I'll bring the Luck with Me." ---Hemingway

Keta

I have a "kit" in a 113H "Tank" and 2 in 349H's that I'm impatiently waiting to test on fish.  They worked well on my ATV tests.  I got higher drag numbers in my 349's with a standard 7+1 stack but not much and not quite as smooth.   The difference should not be as much with a 113H, both kits use the same washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Quote from: Keta on April 21, 2015, 03:12:39 AM
I have a "kit" in a 113H "Tank" and 2 in 349H's that I'm impatiently waiting to test on fish.  They worked well on my ATV tests.  I got higher drag numbers in my 349's with a standard 7+1 stack but not much and not quite as smooth.   The difference should not be as much with a 113H, both kits use the same washers.

I can fit the 114H washers in the 349 insert which should bring you to about 60 lbs of max drag if you want.  The 113H kits were making 45 lbs for Sal though, so if youre getting much less(aside from the difference in spool diameter), Id check that the bottom metal washer isnt bottoming out on the gear sleeve, and that the top hat or spacer isnt bottoming out on the insert. 

Keta

The 349H Mk I is more than enough and far higher than the original 3 washer stack.   I'd say leave it as is.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Im in the same boat with these as with the 114H inserts, not consistently getting the quality of parts as whats quoted, so Ill have sets available as I can put together kits with good parts, but no big orders until it gets sorted out.  This applies to the 349H inserts as well.

Keta

Don't do what I did and end up with a 5 gallon can of expensive scrap SS.

Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Thankfully I don't pay for parts they mess up on. But it still means I have to wait on them being recut until they are right.   

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on May 12, 2015, 12:09:30 PM
Thankfully I don't pay for parts they mess up on. But it still means I have to wait on them being recut until they are right.   

Its worth the wait.... thanks for doing these for us.

Keta

Mark Twain

Fish67

Adam, do you have anymore kits for. 113h?