Penn 114H/115L Drag Washer Kit - 7 + 1 System - $39 shipped in USA

Started by Bryan Young, January 20, 2015, 05:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Back by popular demand, but limited stock on hand.

Here it is...if you need more than 28# of smooth drag from your Penn 114H (6/0 High Speed) or your 115L (9/0), this kit is for you.  The two extra carbon fiber HT-100 drag washer should let you gain 8-10# of drag while maintain a smooth operation.  This kit should be used with Penn's Steel or Stainless Steel Gear Sets or aftermarket gears from Pro Challanger or Accurate if operating at the high range due to their higher strength.

Here's how they stack up

And the lasted eared sit flat into the main gear

The System:  Still $39/set if pay via paypal.  Includes shipping in the USA.  

The System includes

7 - Penn's 6-115 HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
         1 - Penn's 6-114 HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers
         3 - Thin and hardened stainless steel eared washers
         4 - Thin and hardened stainless steel keyed washers

If you only need metal drag washers, they are $3 each plus shipping.

Please PM me your address, number of kit or washers you are interested in purchasing, and your paypal address.  I will send the kits out along with your paypal invoice.

Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shiftee

One satisfied customer. Thanks Bryan! (and I could have probably got another half turn out of her)

Bryan's 7/1 kit + Alan's gen 2 gear sleeve kit= 42.5lbs of drag.  

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shiftee

Thanks guys. Tossed a factory penn star on the drill press and tinkered around with ideas. I ended up drawing up a design I liked and now I'm waiting to see if a buddy of mine is gonna follow through and cnc them for me or how much it would cost from a commercial shop.

This is the idea I ended up with. Recessed a little like the one on Penn's Torque. Just enough to shield the spring washer and not contact the sideplate or get in the way. Overall width increased a bit to give better contact area. Something that might come in handy with all this drag Bryan's kit provides. I'm not an engineer by trade though, so my design may not even work.

Alto Mare

Nice looking star, but I would want 5 points, 6 might even be better.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

BMITCH

Nice star! I'm with Sal on this one. 5 or6 arms would be nice.
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Very nicw.  So many talented folks here.  I can only do 2-D  drawings at the moment.

Keta

I'm in need of a good low cost CAD program, any suggestions?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shiftee

Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Keta on February 19, 2015, 03:37:37 PM

I use Autodesk's Inventor Fusion 360 but there weren't too many Mac options when I got it.

Keta

I will check it out.  I tried SketchUp but did not like it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Quote from: Keta on February 19, 2015, 03:37:37 PM

Draftsight is a very good, and completely free, 2d cad program.  I have used it a good bit, and it is very similar in operation to Autocad.

http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/free-download/

Bryan Young

I too use draftsight.  I like it and meets my needs for now.

trond_solem

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 19, 2015, 11:12:37 AM
Nice looking star, but I would want 5 points, 6 might even be better.

Like this?

PM me for the 3D model (solidworks) if someone wants to have this made at a CNC shop.
I am not going to make it.