Penn 114H/115L Drag Washer Kit - 7 + 1 System - $39 shipped in USA

Started by Bryan Young, January 20, 2015, 05:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Trond if you sent the file to me does it have everything needed for a machine shop to go to work on them? Like a "working drawing".

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Sharkin904

This wouldn't work on an older black side plate 6/0 would it?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Sharkin904 on March 02, 2016, 03:15:00 PM
Unfortunately not. I've been meaning to make washers for the black 114s. I guess it's time. It would be a great grouper reel with the low gear ratio.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Quote from: Sharkin904 on March 02, 2016, 03:15:00 PM
If you are asking about the star wheel, yes it uses the same sleeve as the 114H/115. The main gear is a smaller diameter so uses smaller diameter drag washers.

NYIsles55

Shark Hunter

The main gears are the same, So Yes, this drag kit will fit both.
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Which? Star Wheel or drags? Star Wheel fits 114, 114H, and all 115 reels. The drag washers will not fit a 114.

Korosec

Bryan,

Do you see any problems using this with the old style 115?   I have a 1940's 115 that has the old felt washers and drag accessible from the outside,  any issues you see?   Thanks!

Brian

RowdyW

The Penn replacement 5 washer CF set drops right in & so will Bryan's 7 washer set.     Rudy

Bryan Young

Quote from: Korosec on April 24, 2016, 12:02:20 AM
Bryan,

Do you see any problems using this with the old style 115?   I have a 1940's 115 that has the old felt washers and drag accessible from the outside,  any issues you see?   Thanks!

Brian

The only issue you will have with my 7-stack or my 5-stack is the groove will not be deep enough down in the main gear for the first eared washers to seat fully down in the main gear.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Korosec

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 24, 2016, 02:03:26 AM

The only issue you will have with my 7-stack or my 5-stack is the groove will not be deep enough down in the main fear for the first eared washers to seat fully down in the main gear.
[/quote]

Thanks Bryan,

So either leave one washer out or cut the ears off of one?

Brian

Alto Mare

If that's the case, a stock washer going in first...metal keyed or carbon fiber, should cure the problem.
Most gears are good as they are.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Korosec on April 24, 2016, 12:40:14 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 24, 2016, 02:03:26 AM

The only issue you will have with my 7-stack or my 5-stack is the groove will not be deep enough down in the main fear for the first eared washers to seat fully down in the main gear.

Thanks Bryan,

So either leave one washer out or cut the ears off of one?

Brian
[/quote]
Let me see if I can create a kit for these gears.

Korosec

Bryan,

Thanks.    I just ordered a new SS gear set for the 9/0  so don't go too far out of your way.   :-)  Thanks again! 

Bryan Young