Penn 50th Anniversary Int. 50

Started by coastal_dan, January 26, 2015, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Mike, I noticed in a few old Boating Magazine articles that the list price was $800.

https://books.google.com/books?id=APM1AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=penn+50th+anniversary+reel&source=bl&ots=fbwQ9qNu5-&sig=9Gu5pZ4rMGlyzUdIxjWEEtOdxd0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cD7KVMTsEY3ZoATM94CoBw&ved=0CB0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=penn%2050th%20anniversary%20reel&f=false

(Holy huge link batman)

Also, thanks for all the info and showing us your reel, gorgeous and obviously oddly fascinating being number 474 of 440, haha.

PS: I just won a 50th anniversary Penn Catalog on fleabay and I really hope it has a highlight of this reel in it...fingers crossed.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Penn Chronology

Thank you for the info on the price. I remember 1982 like it was yesterday. With $800 I could have bought a decent used car.

coastal_dan

Giggle Giggle, I worked a deal on one and picking it up Sunday...I won't be able to sleep for the next two nights......seriously.  ;D  My wife calls me childish for getting excited about stuff like this...I say...she's right!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Maxed Out

Nice score Dan. You'll have to put up a picture of your reel after you get it.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

I'm building a little photo booth currently because I keep finding I need some white space for better dslr pictures....so until then I just took this one phone picture.  Getting her started early  ;D

Dan from Philadelphia...

Penn Chronology

Dan,

This picture is classic and profound, not to mention cute. ;D It does not get any better than this.

It needs to be titled, "She's a beauty".

Mike C.

foakes

Your right, Mike --

Contender for photo of the month?

"International Beauty".

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

coastal_dan

Haha, she is a looker.  This may be better...

Dan from Philadelphia...

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice pic! ;)...enjoy her as much as you can, they grow quick ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Wow, thanks guys.  Yeah, I can honestly say that being a parent is amazing.  What a huge responsibility to pass down simple things like manners, etiquette, and what little knowledge I may have that is worth passing on  :P.  We are working on #2  :o ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

coastal_dan

You guys/gals know how life gets...busy!  I've had zero time to work on this little photo booth, so here are some quick cell pics...lame excuse, I know.  ::)

Dan from Philadelphia...

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Penn Chronology

Beautiful example. Those gold plated cross bars did not stand up to much use, yours is as good as it gets.