Shimano TTS 80 Drag Washer

Started by ohfishalee, January 31, 2015, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfishalee

A "new to me" TTS 80W single speed is on its way in the post. are there any pre-cut Carbon Fibre drag washer replacements available for the stock drag washer material for this reel?

After researching this site - there may be hope hence the question.

Also, is there a solution to the "unsealed" nature of the reel that many will advise to keep the reel in the wheelhouse while running out? It is my assumption that the CF drag material will assist in eliminating this "issue".

Dawn

Hi
Sorry I don't have anything for this reel.  Others may have adapted a washer for it, but I don't know the size offhand.

Dawn
Dawn

ohfishalee

Thanks Dawn!!

If anyone else has any suggestions/links - let me know. I am really enjoying taking on a project to upgrade the reel that is on the way to me

alantani

dawn does have a drag washer that is 82mm in diameter.  measure the diameter of the washer that you have when the reel arrives.  it cuts easily with an ordinary pair of scissors.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

day0ne

I have cut washers for the 50W from a sheet of CF material. Very easy to do.  The TTS has 4 slots in the drag to position it, so you have to cut those but it's easy with a Dremel. Just get a sheet the same thickness as the stock washer. If I remember correctly the TTS washer is 1mm thick, but don't hold me to that. Dawn used to have the sheets or they show up on ebay from time to time
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

ohfishalee

Has anyone used this cutter for CF Sheet?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ohfishalee

there are some smaller versions available - I'm willing to try it out