Doing some work on the big PaPa

Started by broschro, February 02, 2015, 12:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Getting ready to 're power The Angler. She is a 20ft 4" walk around.before I put a 15,000 dollar motor on her I'm going to do a bit of work.I started with taking up the deck.I couldn't believe how slimy and nasty it was underneath I got it cleaned up good. sandblasted the tank and primed it with acid etch aluminum primer and put a good three coats of Emron paint on it.next step new pumps I rewired the whole boat last year with all marine grade 3m Heat shrink connectors and liquid electric tape. Iwill keep you updated as I go through the process I will be putting my first trough Hull in the boat for the new live well system that is going to rock. Stay tuned.

broschro

Here's a couple pics of the tank

handi2

Good job one the tank. That's the most important thing to take care of while the deck is off. My last rebuild I coated mine on Coal Tar Epoxy. Even if water did get to it, no problems. The tank is laid on PVC strips and foamed in on the sides only. It was then fiber glassed over for a water proof tank. I did all this even though it has a removable cover.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL