Scott's is the best!!!

Started by bob v, February 11, 2015, 10:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike1010

Another case in point:  Last weekend I ordered some parts from Scott's.  USPS routed the package improperly; three days ago it disappeared into an NYC Post Office and has not been heard from since.  This morning I emailed Scott's asking if maybe a replacement shipment was in order.  Twenty minutes later, the shipping label had been created.  Unbeatable service.

thorhammer

love Scott's. Penn used to be great, and had a gentleman there (phil, maybe?) that knew everything there was to know about model chronolgy, parts, etc. he'd been there about forty years but retired a few years back. IMHO, the whole thing went to hell when Penn went to Henry's then to Pure Fishing.....parts seemed double in price wth high shipping overnight, with reduced availability and support (how can you not support the millions of SS Spinfishers out there?)  and the Chinese crap looks like planned obselsclence. I guess some whiz kid Bob (watch office space, equals "efficiency consultant" decided  they could make more money getting us to buy throwaways that servicing real reels....most of us Senators, etc. over fifty years old still in use on a design from 1935....

sorry about the soapbox.....this is a real p$$r for me...not to mention the Penn factory workers in PA

Bryan Young

I know someone that said the same thing, and actually like the new direction of Penn.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

Now i think i recall the guy's name was Mike Quick; super nice dude.  may this be the same guy i see you refer to as in "Mike's book"? if so i gotta get one

basto

They take 2 weeks to get to me , but that`s fine because they get my order spot on every time. Very efficient, courteous,and helpful business.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

the_reel_doc

Been dealing with Scott's for quite awhile now. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about them from top to bottom. Always an enjoyment even on the rare occasion that something was wrong. Hard to find this kind of people anymore. Had the pleasure of meeting Scott's dad (Ryan, I think) last year. Just confirmed more what I already knew about this family. Will always consider them as friends instead of people just wanting my business.

Islandgypsy

Just received a big box of 975 Inter'ls- both star and LD from some Lower Columbia guide (read saltwater) buddies. Hey, Springers are here and moving up river, time to get those reels up to snuff  that have been sitting in the boat all winter  ???. Thank goodness for Mo and the gang and Scotts, their service and shipping can't be beat !

Keta

Quote from: Islandgypsy on March 27, 2015, 02:43:15 AM
Hey, Springers are here and moving up river, time to get those reels up to snuff  that have been sitting in the boat all winter  ???.

Don't you love things like this, and it's worse when they "need them back right away".
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Fairly new to the site and would like to know the contact information for Scott's
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 29, 2015, 02:56:05 PM
Fairly new to the site and would like to know the contact information for Scott's

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Home.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Islandgypsy

Lee, you know the drill,too  :P

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on March 29, 2015, 03:08:54 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on March 29, 2015, 02:56:05 PM

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Home.aspx

I had to laugh when I saw the location of Scott's. I live about 30miles north of them in NJ. What makes it worse, when I was working in civil engineering Little egg was one of our clients and as many times as I was there I really never took notice to there business. Go figure.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dirtydeeds

I only seen penn parts on Scott's site, does he sell parts for other makes as well?

mike1010

Quote from: Dirtydeeds on September 16, 2015, 01:05:49 PM
I only seen penn parts on Scott's site, does he sell parts for other makes as well?

When I asked them a couple of months ago, the answer was "no."

reelrepair123

i confirm, scotts is the best, fast service, i called about a problem i was having and scott took the time to walk me thru the problem,fantastic people.  harryk