MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Thanks Randy, I'll keep my eye out for the package.

I'm looking for a shelfie 3/0 magnum. :o :o If it's not a 9.8 or better on your scale, then I'll respectfully decline and wait for better to come along.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Nice collection Ted. Good luck with the 3/0, I'll keep an eye out.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

That's a fleet of beauties alright.  I should have looked closer before I spoke, so it's a nearly completed magnum family tree!  And they look to be excellent condition each one.  You need to find a couple beater magnums so you can hot rod and fish them without losing sleep over scratching one.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 16, 2016, 11:05:03 PM
Thanks Randy, I'll keep my eye out for the package.

I'm looking for a shelfie 3/0 magnum. :o :o If it's not a 9.8 or better on your scale, then I'll respectfully decline and wait for better to come along.

Ted

Ted, he said that it's an 8+, and I'm sure that it's all of that, but it's not a 9.8 or better.  I will keep looking and let you know when I find one.

Randy

Yogi_fish808

Just to see what it would look like I bolted up a standard superjigmaster kit to my magnum plates. We need too light a fire and get these done. A 3" wide jigmaster with all the great 113h upgrades we have available while being able to spool up a substantial amount of 50-60lb mono and make huge drag #'s would make for the ultimate evolution of what these reels can be. If you'd be interested in making the super kit for these happen let Randy know asap, he needs a minimum of 20 to make a run.

Aloha,
Kyle

much wider than the a 500 width

1/4" wider than a 113hlw

SS double dog bridge and 4:1 SS gears going in

Adam's excellent drag insert kit, who would've thought this could go into a jigmaster.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Yogi.  I would love to run these Super Magnum kits with the next production of Super Jigmasters and Newell 808 kits to be shipped in early December.  I will need to place the order by the first week of October.  I hope that we can make it happen because it would be quite a reel, more castable than anything else that I can think of with this much line capacity.

Randy

ez2cdave

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 02, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
Thanks Yogi.  I would love to run these Super Magnum kits with the next production of Super Jigmasters and Newell 808 kits to be shipped in early December.  I will need to place the order by the first week of October.  I hope that we can make it happen because it would be quite a reel, more castable than anything else that I can think of with this much line capacity.

Randy

Randy,

Pardon a couple of dumb questions . . .

What does the Super Magnum Kit consist of ?

Frame . . . Sideplates . . . Spool . . . Internals . . . A Complete Reel ?

Projected cost ?

Thanks !

Dave

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dave, the Super Magnum kit consists of a silver Tiburon frame, spool and rod clamp kit to fit Accurate Jigmaster Magnum side plates.  It is possible that Cortez Conversions might at some point in the future consider making a run of side plates to fit this kit.  If I can order 30 kits, I can sell them for $195 delivered to anywhere in the USA, the same price as the Super Jigmaster 500 and 505HS and Newell 808 kits.  Tiburon seemed reluctant to consider running less than 30, but it's possible that if I can come close, they would run them at a higher unit cost, and I would estimate that would increase my selling price by approximately $30.  If we can make it happen, I would consider taking a limited number of standard Jigmaster Magnum frames and spools in partial trade for the Super Magnum kits so that my customers would not get stuck with them.

Thanks,

Randy

David Hall

ez2cdave

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 02, 2016, 05:06:50 PM
Dave, the Super Magnum kit consists of a silver Tiburon frame, spool and rod clamp kit to fit Accurate Jigmaster Magnum side plates.  It is possible that Cortez Conversions might at some point in the future consider making a run of side plates to fit this kit.  If I can order 30 kits, I can sell them for $195 delivered to anywhere in the USA, the same price as the Super Jigmaster 500 and 505HS and Newell 808 kits.  Tiburon seemed reluctant to consider running less than 30, but it's possible that if I can come close, they would run them at a higher unit cost, and I would estimate that would increase my selling price by approximately $30.  If we can make it happen, I would consider taking a limited number of standard Jigmaster Magnum frames and spools in partial trade for the Super Magnum kits so that my customers would not get stuck with them.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

Is there a reliable source for Magnum Jigmaster sideplates ?

Dave

David Hall

There is no current manufacturer of magnum plates or spools.
Those that are shown here are from the past manufactured by Accurate reel before they started making reels.
They haven't been made for 30 years.

ez2cdave

Quote from: David Hall on September 03, 2016, 12:41:30 AM
  There is no current manufacturer of magnum plates or spools.
Those that are shown here are from the past manufactured by Accurate reel before they started making reels.
They haven't been made for 30 years.

If, and when, Cortez Conversions makes sideplates available, count me in.

Otherwise, I can't pull the trigger and then have to start chasing "unicorn" sideplates.

Dave

timtastic

Just scored a 99 jigmaster magnum but the narrower spool isn't that ideal for baitcasting here in Hawaii. Anyone interested in trading their 500 width spool and frame for a red 99 spool and frame? Will post pics later today but know that it is used and in nice shape.

Hope this is an appropriate place to post this request.

Maxed Out

Quote from: timtastic on September 18, 2016, 12:41:19 AM
Just scored a 99 jigmaster magnum but the narrower spool isn't that ideal for baitcasting here in Hawaii. Anyone interested in trading their 500 width spool and frame for a red 99 spool and frame? Will post pics later today but know that it is used and in nice shape.

Hope this is an appropriate place to post this request.

Can you post a picture of the reel ??

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

timtastic

There are some small nicks on the foot of the frame and as you can see, the accurate logo is gone. The spool is clean and spins true.