MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Tim,

I'd be interested in buying the frame and spool. I wish I had something to trade that would fit but mine is also a 99 width.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Hall

I'll take a look tomorrow after work and see what I have to swap.

day0ne

Anybody have an standard width Accurate Jigmaster Magnum spool in black or purple that they would trade for a red magnum spool, standard width?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

SantaBarbarian

Not really the right place for this but I found this on BloodyDecks with 5 fully Accurate/tiburon reels for sale and thought I'd pass it on...

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/accuplates-tiburon-reels.641471/

I have a set of 5 red accuplates reels with Tiburon frames and Pro gear handles. All the reels are in good working condition but the 500 magnum could use service. They all have the old owners name on them and he used them for long range. They all had every possible upgrades done to them including upgraded drags and they all have the highest speed gears availible. Asking 1000obo for the lot of 5
1- accuplates 6/0 narrow high speed gears. Tiburon frame, all accuplates parts $290
1- accuplates 4/0 narrow high speed gears. Tiburon frame, pro gear handles, all other parts are accurate $250
1-accuplates 500, 99 size. Tiburon frame and spool. pro gear handles, all other parts are accurate $200obo
1- accuplates penn 500 magnum. 4/0 gears, tiburon frame, pro gear handles, all other parts are accurate $350
1-accuplates squidder 146 tiburon frame, pro gear handles, all other parts are accurate $200obo

vilters

I know, last year's thread, but thought I'd bring it back up, cause look what I found!!! pretty stoked  8) , I had been intrigued by these reels in the past, and passed on a few, regrettably, but just recently this came up. if I was to order one up, this would be it, black in 99 size. very nice shape with a few scratches and dings. now to order up some goodies, and bring her up to current standards. 

PacRat

She's a real beauty! The Scratches and dings are a bonus because you won't be shy about fishing her. Great find.
Mike

David Hall

That's a great find alright.  I will be fishing albacore with mine this year.

Maxed Out

Wow, the 99 Magnum is no easy find and you got it for decent price too......what a great score Steve !!! Looks like you'll be needing a black shift lever.  ;) :D

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

vilters

Quote from: PacRat on July 20, 2017, 02:29:53 PM
She's a real beauty! The Scratches and dings are a bonus because you won't be shy about fishing her. Great find.
Mike

my thoughts exactly, though I wouldn't have to spend $$ on upgrades to set it on a shelf. these reels were built to fish!

Quote from: Maxed Out on July 20, 2017, 05:58:52 PM
Wow, the 99 Magnum is no easy find and you got it for decent price too......what a great score Steve !!! Looks like you'll be needing a black shift lever.  ;) :D

-Ted
right again on both counts. one of your upcoming handle assy's in black sure would go great too  8)

Yogi_fish808

That 99 magnum is in great shape! In that condition if the price is right just pull the trigger, you already know they're few and far between. With all the great upgrades we have here you'll have quite a little power house, maybe with an SS double dog bridge and gears? Can't forget one of Ted's shift levers in black. With any of the 113h drag kits I'm pretty sure due to the shorter spool height it'll be making even more drag than usual. I still need to fish my gold 99 magnum on a boat trip....

Aloha,
Kyle

David Hall

Teds lever sure sets them apart doesn't it.

Shark Hunter

Nice reels guys,
DaBigOno started this thread.
What happened to that guy?
Life is Good!

David Hall

He started more than a thread, he gave me magnumitis!  It's incurable.  I'm not the only one either.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If anyone with Magnumitis can use a red 500 Magnum or a black Squidder 140 Magnum, I would love to sell them.  Shoot me a PM or call me at 805.748.9202.  I am open to trades for Newells or old Trinidads or ?

Thanks,

Randy

DaBigOno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 22, 2017, 05:04:42 AM
Nice reels guys,
DaBigOno started this thread.
What happened to that guy?

Hey buddy,

I got sick and had to get out of the game for awhile.

Thanks for asking.  Take care!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono