Penn spool specs

Started by joel8080, February 22, 2015, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel8080

Has any one ever put together a size spec list for Penn reel spools?, none of there spools have a part number NON that i have seen. It sure would make life easy.

Joel8080

Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

Quote from: joel8080 on February 22, 2015, 12:00:12 AM
Has any one ever put together a size spec list for Penn reel spools?, none of there spools have a part number NON that i have seen. It sure would make life easy.

Joel8080

There are 157 results, click on the spool and it will ask to select reel. This will also give you informations on how many other reels that particular spool will fit:
https://www.mysticparts.com/Search.aspx?k=29L
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Wow, I haven't seen that.  Scott's is a good resource.  Thanks Sal.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Yes Lee, this is very good information. Go ahead and make it a sticky so we won't lose it. I do not sticky my own posts anymore, it will need to come from someone else ;D.
Thanks!
Sal

Thanks Lee!..

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I access their website several times a week just for parts references.
I hope they stay in Business for a Long Time to Come. ;)
Life is Good!

sundancer

I visit their Site several times a week.

And Shark brings up a good issue.  If Scott's goes under...  Is this information available anyplace else?  It would be a shame to lose it.

Steve

GClev

Diameter measured to the rim.  Width is interior space, indicative of capacity and non-inclusive of the sideplates.

Marcq

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 22, 2015, 02:26:10 AM
Quote from: joel8080 on February 22, 2015, 12:00:12 AM

Joel8080

There are 157 results, click on the spool and it will ask to select reel. This will also give you informations on how many other reels that particular spool will fit:
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

That's really useful  8)
Thanks, Marc..

sdlehr

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 22, 2015, 02:26:10 AM
Sal

You'll get the spool dimensions and reel info from here; change the search from "29L" to "29M" and the chromed spools show up. Don't bother trying just "29". They need a min of 3 digits for the search...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector