9/0 Frames

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I'm sitting on another run of the Dom/Tom 9/0 frames. Sales fell off at the end on the last run, so I stopped production on this second run. Where do we stand now? Can I get a show of hands on who would be interested, and what color-Silver or Black. They will be a little cheaper this time around, but I don't have a firm number yet.
Thanks
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Alright Guys! Here is your chance if you missed out on the first run.
My Hand is up Tom for at least two Silver.
Life is Good!

foakes

I will commit to 2 frames -- silver, if possible.

Maybe more if there are any extras left over.

Thanks for making these available.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

fIsHsTiiCkS

I will commit to a Silver frame!!

trond_solem

It would be interesting to know a price estimate.
If the price is right, I would like a black one.

garking84

I'm take one.  Can you make them in gold?

CooldadE

I don't even own a 9/0 and I think I want one...   

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

mikeg24thst

I'll take a silver one and I don't own a 9/0 yet

foakes

We all need to support this undertaking being made available to us --

Trond -- the previous price was $115 US -- which was a bargain.  Are you going to manufacture these also, for your European Market -- along with your other CAD Program products?

Even if any of you do not have a 9/0 -- if you can afford to get a frame or two, you might consider doing so now.  A used 9/0 will run between $45 to $120 -- and with this frame -- will be very impressive both for numbers and applications -- with just a few other tweaks such as a drag stack upgrade, etc.

And if you do nothing else, you can resell the completed reel -- or put it on display.

Anyone serious about Penns should have at least one.  The quality, workmanship, finish, and functionality -- are all first class -- and perfectly done.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

I'll take a silver one.   RUDY

Three se7ens

I'm in for one more silver.

trond_solem

Quote from: foakes on February 25, 2015, 03:13:50 PM
We all need to support this undertaking being made available to us --

Trond -- the previous price was $115 US -- which was a bargain.  Are you going to manufacture these also, for your European Market -- along with your other CAD Program products?

Even if any of you do not have a 9/0 -- if you can afford to get a frame or two, you might consider doing so now.  A used 9/0 will run between $45 to $120 -- and with this frame -- will be very impressive both for numbers and applications -- with just a few other tweaks such as a drag stack upgrade, etc.

And if you do nothing else, you can resell the completed reel -- or put it on display.

Anyone serious about Penns should have at least one.  The quality, workmanship, finish, and functionality -- are all first class -- and perfectly done.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred

I bought a old stock NIB 9/0 reel for $65.- a couple of weeks ago. Very nice reel.
I have plans for frames for the 9/0 and other reels, but for the moment I don't have a CNC shop that can make them at an affordable price. They all think we Norwegians are millionares and set the price based on that. Well,  they won't get the job that way. I am not going to pay $100 a piece fo the Long Beach 60 half frame when I order 50 of them.

So, until I find someone who can cut the frames for me, I just have to buy existing products like anyone else.

If the price i about $100.- I want one black frame.

Trond

sharkman

I have a newer 9/0 with post not graphite lower frame. If they will fit I'm in.

Bryan Young

Maybe I need to buy a 9/0 reel...research reel  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

Ok, I'm in for one black...  Now I need to find a nice 9/0
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono