9/0 Frames

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks everyone!
I will pull this on off the shelf after I  get some other projects completed.
Keep letting me know which color you prefer, Black or Silver. The anodizing is the last step, so I'll break it down then.
Keep in mind that these frames do not fit the bushing 9/0's correctly. I picked up a bearing and bushing reel from Randy and confirmed this issue.The two bottom posts are off a bit from the bearing and Chinese models. I believe they will bolt up, but you have to leave one of the screws out. If you are going that route, make sure you leave the same screw out on both sides of the frame, so the spool alignment remains true.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

conchydong

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on February 28, 2015, 04:04:29 PM
Thanks everyone!
I will pull this on off the shelf after I  get some other projects completed.
Keep letting me know which color you prefer, Black or Silver. The anodizing is the last step, so I'll break it down then.
Keep in mind that these frames do not fit the bushing 9/0's correctly. I picked up a bearing and bushing reel from Randy and confirmed this issue.The two bottom posts are off a bit from the bearing and Chinese models. I believe they will bolt up, but you have to leave one of the screws out. If you are going that route, make sure you leave the same screw out on both sides of the frame, so the spool alignment remains true.

Tom, did you mean the bushing and the Chinese model? I am a little confused.

Cortez_Conversions

Sorry for the confusion.
The older made in USA bushing model reels have a slightly different hole pattern that won't accept all the mounting screws. These frames fit the Made in USA bearing model and the Chinese model perfectly.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Aiala

Although I already have two of the silvers mounted on my 9/0s, I can't resist the chance to get a black one, too... count me in!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sharkman

Thanks.  I'll take silver or black.

RowdyW

Quote from: Dominick on February 26, 2015, 03:05:08 AM
I just remembered it is called Prussian Blue.  I don't know anything else about it.  Maybe some one of the members will know about it.  Dominick
Dominick, I believe Prussian blue is a colored ink that is brushed on metal surfaces so that you can see scribe marks more clearly. It's easily removed with alcohol. It comes in red also.    RUDY

Three se7ens

Quote from: RowdyW on March 02, 2015, 02:40:45 AM
Quote from: Dominick on February 26, 2015, 03:05:08 AM
I just remembered it is called Prussian Blue.  I don't know anything else about it.  Maybe some one of the members will know about it.  Dominick
Dominick, I believe Prussian blue is a colored ink that is brushed on metal surfaces so that you can see scribe marks more clearly. It's easily removed with alcohol. It comes in red also.    RUDY

Close.  Dykem is the name brand for layout fluid used by machinists, which is what you are describing.  Prussian blue is a deep blue pigment, that can be used in making layout fluid, among many other things. 

Claytong

I would be in for one in black.

Strick

I'll take a black one

thorhammer

bill19803

being a newbie   and  sorta  chciken  to play  with   springs since they always  go  flying into  space   how  do i  tell if  my     reel is a chinese  one   or not or if  the  frame  will  fit  it..  Says made in  USA  on  side plate    and i bought it  new   probably   in  88  or  89.

Aiala

Quote from: bill19803 on April 03, 2015, 01:15:48 AM
Says Made in USA on side plate....

I think it's probably safe to assume that's true.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Bill,
The Chinese ones are L2 Models. 115L2. It will have a half graphite frame. The sleeve is a different design as well and has a nut on top of it. Rather than the normal Handle screw with a plastic cap on it.
Also notice there are only 5 screws in the side plates.

Life is Good!

RowdyW

I got the latest word from Tom, the frames are machined and are ready for polishing & anodizing. I'm drooling because I want one so bad. Probably 2 months.

Shark Hunter

Tom doesn't mess around. If its coming from him, they will have to be perfect.
You better get in on this people. With Adam's inserts, you will need one of these to handle that drag.
Life is Good!