SS Newell Sleeves

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Hey All! The Newell sleeves for the 500 and 600 series are done! I just picked up the parts from the heat treater and they awesome!
So if you still are interested, please PM me with your name and address.

The price on these is $35.00 a piece, with shipping included in the U.S. only.

Dwight, I have your order. Everyone else, please refresh my memory as to what you want.

Checks and Money Orders are fine, PayPal works too! Please contact me prior to sending funds so I can make sure I have stock. When these are gone, that's it!
Thanks everyone!
Tom

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Tunacious

Newell Nut

Tom has built some of these before and he does beautiful work guys.

Newell Nut

My pretty sleeves arrived today and wow what nice work. Now when the stars get aligned right we will see some beautiful 300 series sleeve with chamfered bottom to fit all series and 10 teeth. If we bug Tom enough about these things it will happen. He has my pattern parts.

Thanks for a great job Tom.

Dwight

Tunacious

Hi Tom:

My sleeves also arrived...thanks a million...they look great! Great craftsmanship!

x2 on a "pre-order"  ;D for the smaller 2/3/4 ss sleeves...

Newell Nut

I put a new sleeve in my old reliable 540 3.2 today and it was a perfect fit and double dogs snap into place on Tom's tooth design perfectly with a very sharp click. Fully assembled it operates like a dream reel. Very smooth and very strong.
If you did not order one you are missing a wonderful opportunity for perfection.

BonitaBch

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on April 21, 2015, 01:38:31 AM
Hey All! The Newell sleeves for the 500 and 600 series are done! I just picked up the parts from the heat treater and they awesome!
So if you still are interested, please PM me with your name and address.

PM sent
Bonita Beach, FL

Alto Mare

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 22, 2015, 12:22:07 AM
Tom has built some of these before and he does beautiful work guys.
Yes he does, he can also build a complete reel, I have one ;).... The man is a genius.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

I fished with the 540 3.2 with the new sleeve, delrin and SS star yesterday. The smoothest the reel has ever felt and the fish suffered a little too. Got a nice cobia and 3 mangos.

tomsatx

I'm in for a 338 if available soon. My threads wont screw down.

Newell Nut

A dozen of the 300s would be good for me when you get around to them.

MarkT

Just curious, why did you start with 600's and 500's? The market for 200/300/400 has to be many times larger than for 500/600's.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tunacious

Tom: You know I'm good for some 2/3/4 ss sleeves also...if they'll fit on the original Blackie/P series. If it also fits post P series (or you make a second sleeve), that would be a plus for everyone who has later models. :) ;) ;D

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: MarkT on June 13, 2015, 01:38:34 AM
Just curious, why did you start with 600's and 500's? The market for 200/300/400 has to be many times larger than for 500/600's.

I made the 500/600 first because there was not anything else out there. At the time we were discussing this, a bunch of SST 200/300/400 series sleeves hit the market.
As it turns out, those sleeves don't fit a lot of the older Newell reels. Am i going to make 200/300/400 sleeves? Probably.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

PacRat

I'd like a minimum of three of the 2/3/4s when/if they happen.
Thanks
-Mike