Help identifying rod brand

Started by Jenx, March 26, 2024, 11:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenx

Hey AT members,

I came across a custom rod that has no brand name, and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out who made it. As seen in the attached image the rod is labeled 870, 7 1/2, 15-30. However Google is failing me. I can't find any blank that matches those specs.

My first guess was Seeker, since that American flag decal it has is also on a couple of Seekers I own, but then again maybe that is a common decal, or just one the rod builder chose to use that day.

One thing I can say for certain is that the rod is composite. You can clearly see, between the bottom two guides, where the graphite transitions into glass.

I'm not sure if my Google skills need some work, or maybe it's a discontinued blank, but I can't find any info on it.

thorhammer

Calstar is my guess, but only a guess.

Swami805

That turquoise color makes me think calstar but the flag looks seeker. Never seen an 870-7 1/2 like someone cut an 870-8 6". 870 is also a number use by other manufacturers too
Might be a label under the handle.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jenx

Quote from: Swami805 on March 27, 2024, 12:42:19 AMThat turquoise color makes me think calstar but the flag looks seeker. Never seen an 870-7 1/2 like someone cut an 870-8 6". 870 is also a number use by other manufacturers too
Might be a label under the handle.

I was also wondering if maybe it was cut down to that length. Unfortunately it's not a deckhand rod, or I would have unwrapped it to look for a label. I guess if curiosity gets the best of me I might remove the rear grip to take a look.

ExcessiveAngler

Saw something similar to this a While ago.
I would try looking up blank number as Seeker or American tackle, think it was?
Might've been made by a company called local hooker rods?

JasonGotaProblem

I think it looks a tad like a star rod. But I'm wrong a lot, it's like my super power.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.