My Monofil

Started by Alto Mare, February 28, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Just so there is no doubt. I caught a nice Yellowtail on Porthos' reel. Even with the 3 stack, the fish didn't have a chance. He fishes straight 40# braid and it is just the funnest thing ever. Casts and balances like a dream.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on November 28, 2015, 09:00:15 PM
I for one am enjoying those photos.  You are the modern Wizard of Philadelphia.  Dominick

............EXACTLY !!!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Rothmar2

Where do you order those nice Omoto crank knobs from Sal?
Considering one for my Jigmaster, and saving the job of making one myself, seeing as I've had a major hold-up on that project. They sure do look nice on Adam's cranks (if they are his cranks?).

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rothmar2 on November 29, 2015, 08:08:03 PM
Where do you order those nice Omoto crank knobs from Sal?
Considering one for my Jigmaster, and saving the job of making one myself, seeing as I've had a major hold-up on that project. They sure do look nice on Adam's cranks (if they are his cranks?).
Yes on both! Pro Challenger's knobs and Adam's handles.
Alan sent me one to see what I thought, it was love at first sight and ordered 10 more from him.

They're so light, you don't even feel them in your hand, the size was also a plus for me.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Gadzooks they look amazing!  Well done sir.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

Tightlines667

Check this one out...

Got the photo from a friend who popped open his old mint 155 and found this inside :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

I'm guessing one of Teds ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Yup! That has Mr. Measor written all over it. ;)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

....I was thinking one of Sals.  ;) ;) , he invented the word "bling" ;D :o

If it were mine the picture would take up the whole screen !! :-*

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

bluefish69

My neighbor came in Tuesday night & tried to make off with all my Monofils. He really liked the Green & Lite Gray [looking for the Dark Gray]. He was putting the 27 in his pocket when I stopped him.

Mike 
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Tightlines667

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 11, 2015, 05:07:04 AM
My neighbor came in Tuesday night & tried to make off with all my Monofils. He really liked the Green & Lite Gray [looking for the Dark Gray]. He was putting the 27 in his pocket when I stopped him.

Mike 

No that's funny :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Aiala

Well, it took a bit of doing and a more than a few $$$, but I finally completed my narrowed Monofil set... 25, 26, 27... the Three Fishketeers!   :D

So no more colored reel projects in the pipeline, right...?

HAH!!  ;)  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Aiala, those look awesome.
I would have probably had that silver frame with the gray and the black on green. Either way, still awesome.

Sal

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 23, 2015, 06:58:39 PM
Aiala, those look awesome.
I would have probably had that silver frame with the gray and the black on green. Either way, still awesome.

Sal
I'm glad you said it... ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.