Main Menu

Fiadoni

Started by Alto Mare, March 01, 2015, 06:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Today I was in the mood for some fiadoni, or as we would say in my dialect sciarun.

there are many ways of making these, you could make them sweet, or filled with eggs, cheese,prosciutto and dried sausage.
The ones I'm showing are made with swiss chard, red and regular.
I start by cutting one pound of dough in six pieces and shape them as  small round shapes

I'll clean and cook the swiss chard in some olive oil, salt, coarse ground black pepper and some hot pepper flakes

when the swiss chard has cooled a little I place it on the round dough, I'll add a couple of anchovies, capers, wet the rim with a little warm water and flip it over, I will then press the edges to keep everything in

I didn't have anchovies, so I substitute it with canned sardines
and here they are, fresh out of the oven.

these will keep for a few days, i like to take them for lunch and enjoy them at room temperature.

If you have dough left over, put some oil in the pan and fry it in different shapes

sprinkle some sugar on top and let the kids enjoy it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Nice! Sal you made me hungry. I'm off to get a pizza.
luck is the residue of design.

STRIPER LOU

Wow Sal, Looks like Italians are either fishing or cooking. Those look yummy. I got a nice Bolognese going. Some san Marzano tomatoes, ground beef, pork, veal, some sausage and meatballs with a few pork chops thrown in for good measure. I almost forget 3 stuffed braciole's. Gonna get some Penne going soon. Showed your post to the wife and her thoughts were, we should have some of your fiadoni for an appetizer!!!  After looking at that I'm going to have a glass of chianti for a primer!!!!
Thanks for sharing your recipe. The wife wants to make some of those with robbi and sausage.
....................Lou

Alto Mare

That's funny Lou, my wife came home around 12, she had all goodies you've mentioned above from Colonial Village to get started on her gravy. ;D
I don't like lunch meat, but i do take some homemade soppressata and sausages for lunch at times, but that stuff will kill you.
These are good for you, easy to pack and tasty.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 01, 2015, 11:35:00 PM
i do take some homemade soppressata and sausages for lunch at times, but that stuff will kill you.
Sal
But what a way to go.  :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Marc Fong

bluefish69

Dominick

Those are the things that I am having for dinner tonight. Roasted Peppers, Provolone Cheese & Marinated Mozzarella Balls. I forgot the Semolina Bread.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

bob v

Mmmmmm, looks good Sal. I can almost smell them LOL I got in the mood the other day and cooked up a couple pans of Italian hot sausage with peppers, onions and garlic. Sorry, no pictures.....you can guess why.....bob v

Dominick

The freakin fat in the freakin sausages is killing us.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bob v

No,no,no the sausage is the blood of life.....bob v

ChileRelleno

I'm eating my lunch right now, but I still drooled a bit while reading this... Looks really good.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."