Delrin washers...?

Started by Aiala, March 13, 2015, 04:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Quote from: Dawn on June 17, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
Another one I have:

Trinidad / Torium 16, 20, 30

I have delrin washers in many Trinidad / Torium reels used on charter boats. They come back every year with no visible wear.

I do put a smaller diameter one under the drag star on many Senator reels. It makes a big difference in tightening the Star. No metal on metal.

On the 6/0's and 9/0's that use the thick wave washer turn it upside down so the smooth side is up.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Three se7ens

Chuck750ss

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 13, 2018, 05:23:21 PM
FYI, for those new to Delrin:

Very good information to have Tommy. Thanks.

Dominick

I need to get this straight.  One delrin goes under the gear and one goes under the star.  Is that correct?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on August 18, 2018, 07:55:51 PM
I need to get this straight.  One delrin goes under the gear and one goes under the star.  Is that correct?  Dominick
The Tank should have one under the gear and one under the star, but I'm not sure who serviced it last.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 19, 2018, 11:01:56 AM
Quote from: Dominick on August 18, 2018, 07:55:51 PM
The Tank should have one under the gear and one under the star, but I'm not sure who serviced it last.
Are you kidding me?  I wouldn't dare take it apart and suffer your wrath.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Brendan

I posted the photo of a fractured Delrin washer that came from under main gear of a Pro GearCS 501. Do you have a replacement?
Thank you, Brendan.