Eliminating the AR dog disengaging lever on a 349/349H

Started by Keta, March 16, 2015, 03:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Is there any interest in an AR dog and washer to replace the lever to eliminate the AR dog disengagement feature on some 349 reels?  I have a dog that works, the washer is easy.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mhc

I'd be interested in a couple more if you are doing a run and a few of the washers. They make sense for any double dogged 349s where the second dog is full time - eliminating the 'reverse gear' feature of the 349 HC(?) anyway, or single lever reels that don't have the feature. I have put the two you sent into two 2-dog mariners with the longer straight dogs as the second dog - very similar in size to the 149 straight dogs. I'll post photos when I recover the data on my old hard drive.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

The long dog worked then?   When you get caught up with the clean up and dammage repair from the cyclone post a photo.

I'll get the washer drawing to the cutter today, they can be shipped in an standard envelope and save a bunch on shipping to the upside down part of the world.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain