Newell Jigmaster Screw size?

Started by gstours, March 24, 2015, 02:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I am curious as to what is the thread size and pitch for the Newell Reel post under neath to attach a rod clamp to?????  Thanks for a reply,   seems like an easy one!     gst.

Bryan Young

Quote from: gstours on March 24, 2015, 02:15:15 AM
I am curious as to what is the thread size and pitch for the Newell Reel post under neath to attach a rod clamp to?????  Thanks for a reply,   seems like an easy one!     gst.
I think it's 8-32
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

gstours

Well which is it?  either or?   the screws that fit into the threads under the reel stand that fasten the rod clamp to the frame are the screws in question!   For a Newell jigmaster frame!!!!!!!!   Still Wondering?????

bluefish69

The Reel Clamp is 8-32  The Side Plate Screws are 5-40. I get them from McMaster & Carr

Mike

Sandspinner

Quote from: bluefish69 on April 02, 2015, 03:04:15 PMThe Reel Clamp is 8-32  The Side Plate Screws are 5-40. I get them from McMaster & Carr

Mike
Thanks for this info Mike. Do you know what length 5-40 screws for the side plate.

Swami805

Depends which ones. I think there's 5 different lengths depending on the model and location
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

It looks like another member answered your question. The same size fits Penn but they used Brass Screws. If I'm doing a Penn reel I change the Brass Screws for SS screws.

Mike