Interest in stainless handle arms and drag stars?

Started by Three se7ens, March 24, 2015, 03:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 26, 2015, 05:49:16 AM
Sorry...My mis-understanding when you said thinner at the gear sleeve and thicker at the ends...I guess you were talking about width. 

Bryan
What we are trying to do is copy the late model P star which is a lot thinner than the old plastic star for you clarification. This will allow more options with the drag stack. Duplicating the late model P star in SS should sell very well because P stars sell quick on ebay.
We are also talking about duplicating the late model P handle with the SS shaft for the knob being the exact same size as the Newell so anyone with a plastic handle can buy it and just put the Newell knob on it.

Trying to make is very sellable or no need to bother with it.

Three se7ens

Is anyone interested in a 3" diameter star, or just the 2.5" and 2.75"?

I drew up another idea for a star that based on the shape of the handle.  Love it or hate it, I just want to get some feedback to get a better idea of what is desired.  This is the top row in the PDF, and the lower is a copy of the p model stars.  Again, the PDF will print actual size.

Newell Nut

Sorry Adam, I will not buy the cute ones. Don't float my boat.

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

speedwagon2

I would be interested in a 3" star in the first design.  The bigger star would give a little more leverage when adjusting.
  Speedwagon2

fishhead69

The top row looks nice. Did you ever see the star drag wheels on the old Ocean City 12/0 and 14/0 reels? That would be a very cool looking design. Are these going to be one piece stainless steel star drag wheels or is the center of the star going to have a separate piece pressed in that has the threads? I think a lot of Newell guys will be interested in these including myself.

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Fishit 2

I would be interested in a purple drag star for a 338 if that's an option?
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Tunacious

Another vote for the traditionalist bottom row, same size as stock Blackie/P stars... ;)

vilters

how about one like this? came on a reel I recently bought. I've never seen another  ???, was gonna post up & ask anyways...

Three se7ens

Anyone else like the 6 pointed drag star? 

Heres the pricing breakdown on the stars.  This is for the bottom row in the drawing, cut from 316 stainless steel, and tumbler polished. 

2.5" - $17 plus shipping
2.75" - $18 plus shipping
3" - $19 plus shipping

I should have them available around the end of next week, and Ill start taking orders then.

fishhead69

Sounds good. How many of these will you be making on the first run? Will you be posting any pictures of the finished product?

Three se7ens

Quote from: fishhead69 on April 01, 2015, 12:06:31 AM
Sounds good. How many of these will you be making on the first run? Will you be posting any pictures of the finished product?

I usually order parts 2-3 times a month from the cutter, and I don't like stocking a large number of parts. I am planning on 15-20 each of the 2.5" and 2.75", and maybe 5 of the 3" for this batch.

I will be posting pictures once the stainless ones are cut, and I bet Dwight and others will too once they get theirs.

As with my other parts, I will continue to make these available as long as there is interest, and I can always have more cut at any time if there is a demand.

speedwagon2

I am in,
  I would like (2) 3",  and (2) 2.75".   Will you offer them on your web site?
Speedwagon2