Accurate / Jigmaster Conversion

Started by Penn Chronology, March 25, 2015, 07:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

I could just go knock on the door and ask, but I have a feeling they would look at me like I was a crazy person.  Could be worth a shot though...

Very interested to hear what you are finding out...thanks for digging.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

You could do that, you're only 15 minutes away.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

I did not buy a house 3.2 miles from the Penn plant for that reason alone...but it helps :). 12 min on a bicycle and 5 min by car haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Penn Chronology

QuoteI did not buy a house 3.2 miles from the Penn plant for that reason alone...but it helps Smiley. 12 min on a bicycle and 5 min by car haha.

Someday I am going to visit, I have never been there. I am waiting to be invited......................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Penn Chronology on April 17, 2015, 01:35:48 AM
QuoteI did not buy a house 3.2 miles from the Penn plant for that reason alone...but it helps Smiley. 12 min on a bicycle and 5 min by car haha.

Someday I am going to visit, I have never been there. I am waiting to be invited......................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Yeah right ::), you're probably always there ;D. I got an invitation for a special tour about a year ago and never made it over there, I'm also 15 minutes away ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteYeah right Roll Eyes, you're probably always there Grin. I got an invitation for a special tour about a year ago and never made it over there, I'm also 15 minutes away Grin.

No, I mean it, I have never been in the factory. I know the former CEO of Penn, but, have never been in the plant. It is on my agenda of future things to do. I live on Long Island, New York, the plant is not around the corner for me.

Alto Mare

I thought you were joking Mike. I've been there a few times, but never got in as I wanted to, I just stayed at the waiting room.
I would love to get in there some day.

Penn Chronology

Quotethought you were joking Mike. I've been there a few times, but never got in as I wanted to, I just stayed at the waiting room.
I would love to get in there some day.

Nope, I never set my foot in the door. Being that most of my research ends at 1957, there are not any people at the plant that could help with it. Especially after the business changed hands over tens years ago.

But, I never say never. Today I have books published, I would have never believed that of myself in my younger days. So life takes turns we do not expect sometimes. Every time we think we have it all figured out, something bites us and we have to change directions. The only thing that is consistent is inconsistency.

coastal_dan

Sounds like a AT.com field trip is overdue...afterwards we can go to Delasandro's for a cheesesteak and a Peroni to wash it down.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Penn Chronology

QuoteSounds like a AT.com field trip is overdue...afterwards we can go to Delasandro's for a cheesesteak and a Peroni to wash it down.

Now there is an interesting thought... :)

ez2cdave

Quote from: Penn Chronology on March 26, 2015, 04:37:50 PM
[quoteI can't imagine a collection of 30,000 reels, doesn't really compute with my brain...they must not be married, haha]

They are married but both had the kind of job that allowed for early retirement. There is a story connected with their obsession. They were involved in a bit of underwater work on one of the USA's famous rivers and recovered much fishing tackle in a form of underwater salvage work. That was the beginning of their collecting which turned into a strong interest. Here are a few pictures, I am sure you will all understand why I do not use their names. Their basement is worth a small fortune in antiques. Here is a portion of their collection:

Needless to say, I was impressed with the quality, more than the quantity. A phenomenal display, museum like.
[/quote]

They must be descendents of Zane Grey . . .

Tight Lines !