Cedar plugs from my shop

Started by mmayo, March 27, 2015, 09:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

OneCoolTuna

These Plugs are great. Got 3 this year and love them. They get bit too..
Always Know your Line Weight - with OneCoolTuna line weight labels.
Got Inox?? Get it at OneCoolTuna.com

Bryan Young

Mark,

I'll be interested after the holidays. 

If you have a chance, could you please send me one of your modified lead heads so I can try to make a mold for you out of Bondo.  If it works, I may ask for one of each sizes and make a few molds because I'm not sure how long bondo would last with the pouring of lead.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Meanwhile

Do you still make these plus?   I'd like to get a dozen.

Randy Kane

mmayo

Yes. The available wood are:

Bloodwood
Padauk
Purpleheart
Bocote
Yellowheart
Red cedar

Perhaps a couple more

Please email me at
MLMAYO2@VERIZON.NET

Mark
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

coralsea

no pain-no gain

coralsea

Thanks, Mark!
Waiting for the plugs.
no pain-no gain

coralsea

Dear Mark,

http://vonborks.org/cedar_plug.html
"From a fluid/aero dynamics viewpoint, like in a wind tunnel smoke test, one can see the laminar flow around the plug, in this greatly simplified example we used a standard streamlined tear drop, an elongated plug would exhibit similar characteristics. The end result is a distinctive wave with a bit of turbulence (xxxxx) within the trailing wave; it is that turbulent wave that predator fish's lateral lines (motion sensors) detect (and at a considerable distance) triggering the attack response ending in a hook-up..."

That's why your plugs work, right?

no pain-no gain

otownjoe

Mark , what is the top speed these plugs can be trolled at. I am looking for something that will work at 12 knots. Also is one length better at high speed if they will work. Thanks Joe

Aiala

I have one of the paduaks... works like a charm! To heck with feathers... it'll be first out on my June 8-day.  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

coralsea

I have got Mark's plugs.
It is really a piece of art.
They have nothing common with many plugs have been producing.
Its another level of craftsmanship.
no pain-no gain

mmayo

I just received an large order from New Zealand, color me happy and international again.

"Mark my wife arrived home yesterday (here in new Zealand) with the Plugs, they are works of art, thank you.
Its mid-winter here so will try then out in the spring and let you know how I do.

Thank you Peter"

FlipFlopRepairShoppe

As a new hobby lure maker, I must say.........your work is gorgeous.  Also, sanding down those egg weights is ingenious!  Great work.
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of wise men. Instead, seek what they sought. -Matsuo Basho

mmayo

Thanks for your compliment!!!

I turn them and the sanding scares me. I have worked very hard to capture chips and dust, wear a mask and gloves. Be careful too.