Latest 349H improvements

Started by Keta, March 28, 2015, 05:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Thanks for making these available Adam.  I have to put the bridge assembly in a reel and test it but here's what's going into my butt reels to test next month.  This bridge is set up with a SS 113H gearsleeve and one of my SS 349MK II AR dog like all of my working 349H's.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

Is that 113 main gear as well?  Any Clerance issues?
I got A 349 and I finished all my jigmaster and 113 tiburon Hotrod upgrades, my friends reels, I need a new project!

surfcaster

Cool, Way to make a bottom fishing machine even better, Best deep sea drop reel I ever used .most fisherman up here think its a wire trolling reel because they don't know any better. I still have 2 more weeks {fishing grounds open up} to try out my 7 drag set up.  usually fish  14-17oz slovkroken rustfri jigs but have some all the way up to 24 when the guys get into bad tangles on partyboats. you mostly need the drags for the heavy weights & currents up here once or twice a year I catch a fish worthy of testing them. I would love to go to alaska  or norway & fish halibut.

Keta

Quote from: David Hall on April 01, 2015, 11:17:31 PM
Is that 113 main gear as well?  Any Clerance issues?
I got A 349 and I finished all my jigmaster and 113 tiburon Hotrod upgrades, my friends reels, I need a new project!

The main gear is a 5-349H, larger OD than a 114H main gear.  The 349 main gear (not 349H) is slightly larger than the 5-113H gear.  The insert uses Adam's 113H metal and CF washers but a 349H specific insert.

If your 349 is not a 349H I have a "special" on .047" metal washers for a 5+ drag stack.  113H CF washers work well in the 349....not 349H... ;D  The cutter did not notice the "H" on my  last order and I have 20 5 washer sets of washers that are too small for what I'm doing.

Quote from: surfcaster on April 02, 2015, 12:11:49 AM
Cool, Way to make a bottom fishing machine even better, Best deep sea drop reel I ever used .most fisherman up here think its a wire trolling reel because they don't know any better. I still have 2 more weeks {fishing grounds open up} to try out my 7 drag set up.

Put that reel to work and post some photos of fish!

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

That firat picture makes me want to go out and buy a 349, and I have absolutely no real use for one.  That should make a great 'butt' reel.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

I have several 2 speed "butt reels" but I prefer my 349H's.  I'm working on a left hand one right now.

113H gearsleeve, SS AR dog, Newell aluminum spool Jigmaster spacer bars, Keta Krank and AT handle....and Adam's insert in this one, 7+1 in it's "twin".  The other insert is going in the left hand reel.

Mark Twain

Three se7ens

That insert uses the same drag washers as the 113h kit, which Sal tested at 45 lbs max drag.

For now, they are available on a special order basis, just pm me if you want one. If there's enough interest I may start stocking a couple of sets though.

Keta

Mark Twain