'Bespoke' PEI giant tuna standup rod

Started by Jon Vadney, March 31, 2015, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

This was built for a good client of mine for chasing giant bluefin off of PEI.  The blank is a Super Seeker CTSF55XXXH, it has an alps reel seat, Winthrop roller guides with the solid titanium Winthrop tip.  The vessel that the rod will be used on is called the "Mermaid V" (fifth Mermaid I'm assuming), and the colors chosen were to match the boat.  If it looks familiar, there is another thread on here where I had built 2 spinning rods with the same colors and same "Mermaid" logo.  Enjoy :)

zaconb

Wow, I couldn't be happier!!!
Beautiful, Spectacular!!

thorhammer

thats just ridiculous. I just looked at my stuff and realize i make great tomatoe stakes  :'(

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Man, Jon your rods are sexy. I need to Finally pull the trigger on that rod we talked about.

Dominick

Has anyone noticed that not only does Jon build beautiful rods but he is a fine photographer also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

otownjoe

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Jon; Those color combinations are eye popping! great layout. Dominick is right your photography is excellent also.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jon Vadney

Thanks guys :) 

Thor, as the best rod builder there is (in my opinion) Doc Ski says, "Think progress, not perfection". You'll get there my friend. 

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

WOW :o That is beeeaaaauuuuttttiful my friend 8)

Newell Nut

That is real beauty on steroids Jon. Beautiful meat stick indeed. I think my rods would look better if you took the pictures. ;D

Tightlines667

Nice build!  These fully rollered, heavy action trolling/chunking rods are more up my allet.  Those guides look beautiful.  I had to research them.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Top Notch Jon! The Winthrops are Nice. :o
Life is Good!