Sharkhunters Stallions

Started by Jerseymic, March 31, 2015, 08:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Quote from: fsrmn on April 02, 2015, 03:33:03 AM
Nice work Daron!
My idea of the perfect plinth for them would be on an unlimited class rod stuck in a piece of PVC on the beach ;D

If only we had beaches in the U.K. where they could be used!!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 01, 2015, 10:30:03 PM
Mike, you chose the perfect spot, they look very nice. Good job Daron.

Sal, to get them in that spot is a long story.

That sideboard used to be covered in the good lady's ornaments, I had to buy her a display cabinet to get them out of the way!!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Dominick on April 02, 2015, 12:02:27 AM
Mike, I bet your wife set the stage for that photo... :D Dominick

Dominick, set the stage Ha Ha, more like the battleground, I want a display cabinet on top of there for the rest of my collection, but two is a start, have to break her in gently!!

Shark Hunter

I see there is a few ornaments still there Mike. You need to put that little cat looking up a little closer. :D
Henry, I'm going to make that happen real soon. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Nice looking display pieces.  I have been thinking, I may have to employ Daron's services here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 02, 2015, 06:01:37 AM
I see there is a few ornaments still there Mike. You need to put that little cat looking up a little closer. :D
Henry, I'm going to make that happen real soon. ;)

Daron, I agree, the cat should be looking up in awe, but I don't want to give the good lady ideas, she might think it can stay there ;D

Jerseymic

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 02, 2015, 07:15:10 AM
Nice looking display pieces.  I have been thinking, I may have to employ Daron's services here.

You won't regret it, they look better in the flesh than in a photo!!

coastal_dan

They look awesome!  Those reels look spectacular as well.  They are quite worthy of their steeds.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Jerseymic

Thanks coastal_dan, the stallions are awesome, the 12/0 is my pride and joy (with help from Sal, spool, Daron, handle)

It is the largest Penn I have ever seen, I never thought I would own one, you must remember here in the U.K. we just don't see these large reels, yes I know there are two larger, but I will dream!!

You lucky guys even get to use them.

Mike.

Maxed Out

Purely magnificent work Daron, and a couple of spectacular reels that are well deserving of such praise. Well done gentlemen !!

Very glad to see my nevr-dull cleaning tip reaching across the big pond. There's no mistaking that clean factory shine, very nice work Mike, it's not easy putting things back together without getting smudgy fingerprints all over the shiny chrome. Great work !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Max Doubt on April 04, 2015, 05:13:00 AM
Purely magnificent work Daron, and a couple of spectacular reels that are well deserving of such praise. Well done gentlemen !!

Very glad to see my nevr-dull cleaning tip reaching across the big pond. There's no mistaking that clean factory shine, very nice work Mike, it's not easy putting things back together without getting smudgy fingerprints all over the shiny chrome. Great work !!

Yes the nevr-dull is brilliant, getting rid of the smudgy fingerprints used to be a nightmare, but not any more!!

Daron should go into business with these masterpieces, I can picture the advertising, 'DARONS STALLIONS, STEEDS FOR YOUR NEEDS'

Shark Hunter

I tried it before Mike. Nobody was interested. I do it now for free, only for my friends.
I can't think of a better Plinth. I get the material for free. Its just my time and the shipping.
They do look stunning! I can't think of a nicer guy that deserves it more.
I am certain your wife hates me now. ;D
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 04, 2015, 06:04:28 AM
I tried it before Mike. Nobody was interested. I do it now for free, only for my friends.
I can't think of a better Plinth. I get the material for free. Its just my time and the shipping.
They do look stunning! I can't think of a nicer guy that deserves it more.
I am certain your wife hates me now. ;D

Thank you buddy, actually Jan thinks they are terrific, although I think she would prefer one of her ornaments on top of each one, instead of the reels!!

Mike.